British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roger Jacobs

2022 Regulations - New Super Heat after Draw!!

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

So basically if I’ve got this right, in theory a team who draws 10 matches but wins the super heat could be level on points with a team who wins 10 matches - only in speedway!!

Its the same with the Lucky Loser in Poland. Team gets knocked out the playoffs but can still end up champions.

12 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The only reply I've had is from Neil Vatcher at the SCB office, who says the Super Heat is to make it exciting ...

Surely good racing would do that on a properly prepared racetrack.

This has been thought up by someone who has signed a very good top two, my money is on Chris Louis.

Its nothing to do with excitement it’s to do with making sure his team win.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, topsoil said:

Its the same with the Lucky Loser in Poland. Team gets knocked out the playoffs but can still end up champions.

Also a joke system and has ruined the play offs there too.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 10:36 AM, bigcatdiary said:

Surely good racing would do that on a properly prepared racetrack.

This has been thought up by someone who has signed a very good top two, my money is on Chris Louis.

Its nothing to do with excitement it’s to do with making sure his team win.

You are giving him far too much credit. We are 2.5 points under the points limit to start with !!!!

if we had signed a 6.5 rider instead of starke which would enable heeps to start at reserve we would have been up there with Sheffield.  

• Like 2

On 3/21/2022 at 12:18 PM, Racin Jason 72 said:

You are giving him far too much credit. We are 2.5 points under the points limit to start with !!!!

if we had signed a 6.5 rider instead of starke which would enable heeps to start at reserve we would have been up there with Sheffield.  

I make it that the Witches are 2.1 points under the limit.  Even so, they could have replaced Heeps with a 7.00 point rider.

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I make it that the Witches are 2.1 points under the limit.  Even so, they could have replaced Heeps with a 7.00 point rider.

Providing he likes golf obviously 

• Haha 1

Anybody tell me if the riders in the super heat would get paid for that heat or what?.

Cause thinking of it the race result would not go against overall riding averages ?.?.