British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Teromaafan

Sticker Album

Great idea. If there’s one sport that is likely to have the most team personnel changes for a season it’s speedway. Before the sticker album is released it will be out of date and will become progressively less relevant from there on.

So what sector of the sport’s fan base is this aimed at? Pensioners love collecting and swapping stickers with their mates don’t they? If by chance kids are interested, try explaining to them why Johnny Foreigner rides for his team and another one on a different page in the album. ‘Of course it’s not the same rider son/daughter, look at the photos, one is clean shaven and the other has a few days stubble’.

The sticker album will presumably be very unsticky to allow for moving and replacing rider photos on a regular basis. Don’t know why this idea wasn’t thought of before. This marketing game changer may require you to get meetings very early to ensure that you are not one of the thousands turned away due to capacity attendances.

• Haha 1

difficult to do sarcasm in the printed word but I think you've nailed it above.

I don't disagree with anything you say but it's no different to any other Sports sticker album in that players can move. I loved my Espana 82 and Mexico 86 World Cup sticker albums but some of the players didn't even make the squad. Poor Paul Bracewell.

Plus if you get a doubler you can maybe stick him over Ty Proctor :)

At this point I'm wondering when it'll be available or will Birmingham just have a half page?

from the press release it does sounds like it's been franchised out so it's probably risk free for the BSPL and if someone else thinks they can make a profit from it good luck to them.

1 minute ago, enotian said:

I loved my Espana 82 and Mexico 86 World Cup sticker albums

I think we all did.   And didn't we have a wall chart where we could fill in the world cup results and write the teams into the next round?

But Spain 1982 was 40 years ago.  We had 3 TV channels.... No internet..... No mobile phones.... No ipads....  No computers.

Once again Speedway is trying to live 40 years in the past.

2 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

I think we all did.   And didn't we have a wall chart where we could fill in the world cup results and write the teams into the next round?

But Spain 1982 was 40 years ago.  We had 3 TV channels.... No internet..... No mobile phones.... No ipads....  No computers.

Once again Speedway is trying to live 40 years in the past.

I don't disagree and can't see it being a money spinner but it does sound like it is Curtis Sport taking the plunge. Unironically you order them on-line!!

Might get one as it could be quite the collectors item. (my attempt at sarcasm)

As I say fair play if someone thinks they can make a buck out of it. It's not doing any harm.

1 hour ago, enotian said:

difficult to do sarcasm in the printed word but I think you've nailed it above.

I don't disagree with anything you say but it's no different to any other Sports sticker album in that players can move. I loved my Espana 82 and Mexico 86 World Cup sticker albums but some of the players didn't even make the squad. Poor Paul Bracewell.

Plus if you get a doubler you can maybe stick him over Ty Proctor :)

At this point I'm wondering when it'll be available or will Birmingham just have a half page?

from the press release it does sounds like it's been franchised out so it's probably risk free for the BSPL and if someone else thinks they can make a profit from it good luck to them.

Put your Bracewell sticker on the Brum page of the album. He will feel wanted and the team will just need one more to make up the seven for the season. 

I understand what is being stated above & I agree it is a 40 year old idea. But I must point out that when we were 40 years younger it would be the thing that I wanted to collect each week. I think some of us need to take into consideration that we are the same age as old people.

Many things have changed over the years, Who buys photos of riders today when you can have a selfie on your own phone, Match programmes are down because you can print a racesheet off of a website & all the news is on the internet.

The one issue I have with the whole idea is each release will be a sheet of stickers so at all times everyone will have the same stickers. There will be no doubles so there will be no swaps with your mates. Which is the best bit of collecting the stickers.

Do each team have ten blank spaces included which just say "Guest" underneath? 

Meaning you can add that rider as and when they represent that club?

Scotty and Bomber stickers would be very sought after by the kids if so... :D

Assuming all the photos will be from press days, will Curtis Sports be paying the relevant photographer for the images? 

If done properly this sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Hope they put a bubble gum in the sticker packets like they used to with the footie cards 

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Hope they put a bubble gum in the sticker packets like they used to with the footie cards 

Nah much better with the cheese triangle, biscuit & the pickled onion in the packet!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

I think a sachet of Steradent might be more of a winner....:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can we have special 'Chris Harris' and 'Scott Nicholls' scratch cards that have their photo on it and every teams race jackets. Then when they guest for each team we can mark off the jacket's! 

Also there was the special cards that toggled two pictures as you moved it. So the Sam Masters card could show an Edinburgh race jacket in one view and a Wolves in the other!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2022 at 1:25 PM, Lefty said:

Can we have special 'Chris Harris' and 'Scott Nicholls' scratch cards that have their photo on it and every teams race jackets. Then when they guest for each team we can mark off the jacket's! 

Also there was the special cards that toggled two pictures as you moved it. So the Sam Masters card could show an Edinburgh race jacket in one view and a Wolves in the other!

See....

That's thinking out of the box. ..

Come on BSPL, don't miss out on these great ideas....