Sticker Album

"Scott in Aces colours?"

"Got"...

"Scott in Wolves colours?"

"Got"...

"Scott in Poole colours?"

"Got"...

"Scott in Glasgow colours?"

"Not got! I will swap him for Bomber in Redcar colours"....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

See....

That's thinking out of the box. ..

Come on BSPL, don't miss out on these great ideas....

Quite. Let the creative juices flow. Bring on Subbuteo speedway (under 45s reading this will now all hit Google), try to control your enthusiasm as you flick little plastic bikes around a miniature cardboard track. Only the smell of methanol will be missing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Quite. Let the creative juices flow. Bring on Subbuteo speedway (under 45s reading this will now all hit Google), try to control your enthusiasm as you flick little plastic bikes around a miniature cardboard track. Only the smell of methanol will be missing.

Surely they could do a Scalextric speedway or Top Trumps - how many accidents, how many tapes exclusions (James Sargent !must be top), how many points etc!

Let's bring something back that was popular in the 70s for today's kids. Yeh right that'll work. Lol

1 hour ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Have any of the riders been asked about use of their image ? Do they receive royalties ? 

The image belongs to the photographer not the rider and I'd be very surprised if any track photographer has been asked tbh 

When I was a kid I'd have been 'all over' this new speedway sticker album years ago I bought a similar WWF, now WWE, album and bought stickers of all the wrestlers, comentators, other characters, etc to complete it.  Kids may like it (and may not, dunno sadly I'm no longer a kid) and it may inspire them to attend tracks & turn some into supporters.  But here's the rub; my WWF album was sold in newsagents everywhere, and I do mean everywhere.  Obviously WWF / WWE was / is much bigger than is speedway, if the speedway sticker album is only sold at tracks, only kids who attend tracks will get the album unless it is also be on sale elsewhere....

Edited by martinmauger
added info

On 3/17/2022 at 6:18 PM, The Dog said:

The image belongs to the photographer not the rider and I'd be very surprised if any track photographer has been asked tbh 

I thought this was done by a 3rd party, but if its by BSPL, they might not even have to ask. There’s every chance that all photographers have signed an agreement where they give permission for the BSPL to use their pics and also promise to provide them with some. After all, it’s ”their product”.

24 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

I thought this was done by a 3rd party, but if its by BSPL, they might not even have to ask. There’s every chance that all photographers have signed an agreement where they give permission for the BSPL to use their pics and also promise to provide them with some. After all, it’s ”their product”.

Wonder if any of the riders have image rights in their contracts. Some have their own merchandise don't they.

It is a 3rd party who are taking the risk and reward on this. Probably worth getting one as I imagine it'll be a collectors item. The 2022 sticker album never to be replicated.

1 hour ago, enotian said:

Wonder if any of the riders have image rights in their contracts. Some have their own merchandise don't they.

Take a minute and think about it, how sports media works? Do the athletes really need and or get money from all the pics taken and published of them? All athletes, all sports.

It says in the Finnish copyright law regarding photography, that any person in a situation (sports event) where its possible/probable that his picture is taken, is a free shot. The artist/photographer owns the rights. I seriously doubt the Finnish lawmakers invented it, probably was copypasted from the international norm…

If its 3rd party, they buy the rights from BSPL and thats it.

Edited by f-s-p

3 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Take a minute and think about it, how sports media works? Do the athletes really need and or get money from all the pics taken and published of them? All athletes, all sports.

It says in the Finnish copyright law regarding photography, that any person in a situation (sports event) where its possible/probable that his picture is taken, is a free shot. The artist/photographer owns the rights. I seriously doubt the Finnish lawmakers invented it, probably was copypasted from the international norm…

If its 3rd party, they buy the rights from BSPL and thats it.

I'm sure David Beckham has image rights. So you can't take a picture of him and use it to sell as a David Beckham product.  You can publish pictures of him as part of a media publication of course but you couldn't take a picture of him and sell it as a poster. Which is more akin to what a sticker album is. Or if you did you'd have to pay him for using his image. Quite simple to set up as lots of people have found that the pictures they've used on dating apps are being used as fake profiles on other apps. Because they don't read the T&C's. A nice little extra income stream for those dating apps. 

At the end of the day, the photographer should be paid for their time and effort in producing images or at the very least the courtesy of being asked. People will make money from the images so the photographer should be paid. 

Ok I'll admit I was roped into this...

I'm still waiting for Curtis Sport to send me Sheet 16 which was missing from my multi-sheet order.

And now a week after sheet 22 was published they're selling the whole album and ALL the stickers for 15 quid.

Anyone else or just me who was duped? :blush:

Edited by Bear_Bottom
  • Sad 1

On 3/16/2022 at 10:07 PM, Christine Hawes said:

Surely they could do a Scalextric speedway or Top Trumps - how many accidents, how many tapes exclusions (James Sargent !must be top), how many points etc!

Have you never played Whirly Wheelers?

Edited by iainb