British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Kings Lynn Thurs March 31st LC

I think we will defo do enough to at least come 4th,, so we are a play off team,,, as from there who knows,,, but I think Sheffield look by far the most complete team,,, but injuries will play a part in where the silverware ends up. 

20 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A draw no longer exists 

You have to now predict the result of the super heat.....

15 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Is there a more difficult team to read this year than Ipswich? Don’t think there is based on a fair few who have comfortably lower averages than they’ve had previously. 

There’s those (one in particular who never seems to tire of telling us all how cr@p Ipswich look) who say Ipswich look poor, who are banking on those riders NOT moving their averages up northwards to what they’ve previously proved capable of, and others who rate the team who are banking on said riders doing just that and improving them. 

Fact is, none of us can be confident either way which makes the team this year very difficult to predict. Batchelor was just shy of a 9 point average as recent as 2019, he’s now 5 and a half. Riss has consistently been around 6-6 and a half, he’s now on a 5, and Heeps who notched 6.30 in his only top flight season with us in 2019 who is now under 5!

Are they all on a permanent slide in to oblivion? Or did they all just have really bad season’s for one reason or another? As I said, nobody can be totally confident either way. If Riss and Heeps get back on par to previous figures, and Batchelor puts a point and a half back on his, then it’s definitely a play off team. Continue where they left off last season then it’s a spoon contender. 

I wouldn’t take too much notice of what supporters predict how teams will do, you only have to look at what happened last year.

I dare say things will be clearer after a month or two, I seem to recall Ipswich started like trains last year but then just ran out of puff.

Interesting to see people writing off the Panthers yet again and saying how good Sheffield are.

On 3/14/2022 at 12:02 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A draw no longer exists 

After the draw: Witches 1 point, Stars 2 points

Super Heat: both KL riders excluded, Witches 7-0, gaining 3 points to Stars' 0.

Stupid new rule producing artificial results for no reason other than they think it will be exciting.  Of course, drawn matches have always been so dull that it's important to jizz them up with an artificial ending ...

9 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I wouldn’t take too much notice of what supporters predict how teams will do, you only have to look at what happened last year.

I dare say things will be clearer after a month or two, I seem to recall Ipswich started like trains last year but then just ran out of puff.

Draw, Win, Defeat, Defeat, Defeat, Win, Win, Defeat, Capitulation, Stuffing

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

After the draw: Witches 1 point, Stars 2 points

Super Heat: both KL riders excluded, Witches 7-0, gaining 3 points to Stars' 0.

Stupid new rule producing artificial results for no reason other than they think it will be exciting.  Of course, drawn matches have always been so dull that it's important to jizz them up with an artificial ending ...

The super heat scores are not added to the totals so the away side still get a point in those circumstances 

I agree though not a change that was necessary.  The existing set up was a fair outcome 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 12:02 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A draw no longer exists 

I know nothing of this "super heat" when was this announced?

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I know nothing of this "super heat" when was this announced?

It hasn't been! Despite it being the biggest change in the scoring system for around a decade

Just snuck into the regulations with a murmur

Check out the thread in the general section. Only applies to the Premiership though I believe

• Like 1

A week to go! A week too late looking at the forecast for next week. Typically, a lovely spring week this week is set to turn much colder again for the first meeting so don’t put the bobble hats away just yet!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

A week to go! A week too late looking at the forecast for next week. Typically, a lovely spring week this week is set to turn much colder again for the first meeting so don’t put the bobble hats away just yet!

Like i said :lol:

On 3/24/2022 at 8:54 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Think we'll need more than bobble hats! BBC weather currently showing 3 degrees at 8pm, 2 degrees by 10pm. Sleet and rain in the day, although looks  dry by the evening. If it goes ahead we'll need 10 pairs of socks and six coats each to stay vaguely warm. Could be ice speedway at Foxhole. Hopefully stars will turn up with spikes in their tyres to help them get round....

• Like 2

On 3/15/2022 at 10:06 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It hasn't been! Despite it being the biggest change in the scoring system for around a decade

Just snuck into the regulations with a murmur

Check out the thread in the general section. Only applies to the Premiership though I believe

Well hallelujah if that is the case! Even more reason not to be in the Prem. 

The 3 and 4 pairing battles will be key to who wins. Both Heeps and Kerr are better round Foxhall than their averages.