British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

British Speedway Website

11 minutes ago, Tim G said:

It’s working on my iPad.

Yeah, sounds like it could be a cache issue, or certainly something to do with KIRKYLANE's ipad...

Still not working on an ordinary computer!

Its incredibly slow to load compared with other websites and in fact other Club websites that work off the same platform.

It is a work in progress no doubt but not a good first impression on the first time visitor if you have to wait 30 seconds for a page to fully load (before anyone asks, I have compared this with numerous other sites that load in a split second so not my PC or connection I'd suggest)

• Like 2

It's working on my computer now, but is terribly slow to load, as HGould said.  Much preferred last years site to the new one.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

It's working on my computer now, but is terribly slow to load, as HGould said.  Much preferred last years site to the new one.  

I agree the new site is snail paced on both my laptop and mobile phone. 

I don't like the new site at all. All I want is the information & to be able to find it easily. The old site gave me that. This is not an improvement.

Agree with your comments. The old site was more user friendly.

What is the site address for it? The old site for which I have a favourite on my computer does not work any more.

On 3/25/2022 at 2:23 PM, Chris116 said:

I agree the new site is snail paced on both my laptop and mobile phone. 

And mine also.

On 4/3/2022 at 9:33 AM, customhouseregular said:

Agree with your comments. The old site was more user friendly.

I haven't been able to open the referees scorecard on any match. It could be me, but I think it's rubbish at the moment. If anyone has managed to open the scorecard please let me know how, on my lap top

7 minutes ago, crazyb said:

I haven't been able to open the referees scorecard on any match. It could be me, but I think it's rubbish at the moment. If anyone has managed to open the scorecard please let me know how, on my lap top

Open's fine on my Laptop, No issue :t:

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/22results/newcastle_03.04.22_res.pdf

newcastle_03.04.22_res.pdf

I have not had a problem with opening the referee score charts but I do find it odd that in the news section they add the preview and if the meeting is called off they simply remove the preview. To check if a meeting is off you have to check the results section or go to the home teams website. On the old website they always put a note up in the news area to say a meeting had been called off with the reasons which was much easier to find. Now if you find there is no preview you don't know if the meeting has been called off or they have forgotten to post the preview.

• Like 1

Have to admit the new Site is absolutely terrible - takes forever to load on phone, laptop and desktop and is hard to navigate imo. 

Since websites have been designed to be mobile friendly , a lot of websites in general have taken a downturn in standard but at least most of them load quick. This new BSPA site is just horrendous on every level. Surely needs sorting. 

I'm getting used to the new site but in all honesty the old one was much easier......this "flashy" stuff just does not work for me, I much prefer "just the facts" and easy to find them.