3  Hampel

4  Tudziej

5  R/R(ZZ) 

6  Lampart

7  Cierniak

8 (Almost certainly  Kubera) ??

Edited by racers and royals

23 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Please excuse my lack of knowledge but, are premier  sports no longer showing the matches? I have looked on their listings snd can’t  find any scheduled matches. 
if it’s not longer on premier sports, how or where do I find the two channels you name? Are they internet based and are they free to view or, a subscription service? 
Thanks in advance for any replies. 

Seem to remember having an email from Premier, saying they are covering Swedish and Polish speedway, but have deleted it, so can not be sure.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:31 PM, the hobbit said:

Please excuse my lack of knowledge but, are premier  sports no longer showing the matches? I have looked on their listings snd can’t  find any scheduled matches. 
if it’s not longer on premier sports, how or where do I find the two channels you name? Are they internet based and are they free to view or, a subscription service? 
Thanks in advance for any replies. 

Hi , thanks for your email.

Premier Sports don't have the rights yet but we're 99% sure we will have it again.  Once the rights are 100% confirmed Premier Sports will announce the good news.

Please bear with us for now

Regards,
Emma

Premier Sports Team

On 4/5/2022 at 9:03 AM, racers and royals said:

Looks as if Czestochowa`s match against Leszno on Friday could be in doubt as their track covers which are Ukrainian made have not arrived yet and it`s awful weather in the region this week.

According to Sportowefakty today, only Ostrów, Gorzów, Wrocław and Toruń have covers so far. The other clubs ordered theirs from Ukraine, and due to the war, may not have their covers until June. 

• Like 1

Sunday’s matches line-ups 

Ostrow v Grudziadz

Ostrow

9  Berntzon

10  Gapinski

11  Walasek

12 Matias Nielsen

13  C Holder

14  Krawczyk

15 Szostak

16 Sorensen

Grudziadz

1  Pedersen

2  Kasprzak

3  Jakobsen

4  Prem Pawlicki

5  RR(ZZ) for banned  Tarasienko

6 Pludra

7  Lobodzinski

Wroclaw vTorun

Wroclaw

9  RR(ZZ) for banned A Laguta

10  Bewley

11  Woffinden

12  Chugunov

13  Janowski

14  M Curzytek

15  Kowalski

Torun

1  J Holder

2  Przedpelski

3  Lambert

4  RR(ZZ) for banned Sayfutdinov

5  Dudek

6  Lewandowski

7  Zielinski

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Yes if necessary

That’s not very good for the paying supporters, who of course are innocent in all of this. 

6 hours ago, Islander15 said:

That’s not very good for the paying supporters, who of course are innocent in all of this. 

Never really understood the seemingly dislike for RR by some people...

It keeps the meeting, and therefore the whole league and sport in that country, credible..

And means the actual team wins (not "six riders and a ringer" wins) thus maintaining true team spirit and the ethos of a proper team sport..

And also provides the six men with the potential to earn more money...

You could argue that an injury means you are down to five men but two injuries mean you are down to five too, and given the nature of the sport injuries happen all the time and at any moment...

Poland in particular have true strength in depth so RR can be no disadvantage, and the Polish authorities will also be very mindful of the unmitigated disaster that would befall them and the sport over there, if they allowed "guests" similar to how they are allowed over here..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

It keeps the meeting, and therefore the whole league and sport in that country, credible..

And means the actual team wins (not "six riders and a ringer" wins) thus maintaining true team spirit and the ethos of a proper team sport..

You could argue that an injury means you are down to five men but two injuries mean you are down to five too, and given the nature of the sport injuries happen all the time and at any moment...

Poland in particular have true strength in depth so RR can be no disadvantage, and the Polish authorities will also be very mindful of the unmitigated disaster that would befall them and the sport over there, if they allowed "guests" similar to how they are allowed over here..

All very true- one  thing that surprises me with Poland is that whilst they don`t make a big thing of averages, they do use them to decide who is in the top 3 and therefore if a rider is injured (has to be out for 15 days) RR can be used but no 1 above and any below rule which can make the team stronger using RR. Now with the banned riders RR- it covers a top 5 rider yet apparently still no 1 above and any below rule- we will have to wait and see how it all pans out starting tonight.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

You’re assuming that guests are the only alternative option. I assumed teams would’ve been allowed to sign another rider given the circumstances. 

The problem with R/R is both injuries and out of form riders. As you say there can be 2 injuries in a meeting, but of course 1 injury is far more likely, and suddenly the side can be relatively very weak. Especially with the introduction of the U24 rider now who last season was often poor for a top 5 rider. Wrocław & Torun are lucky and still have 4 quality riders (or you could say unlucky as both would’ve felt a title challenge is more likely with their full teams). Compared to Grudziadz who are already relying on Nicki P and only need 1 other injury and KK to go 0, 0, 0 and suddenly they only have 2 riders left including their U24!

One personal irritation about R/R is how it drags out meetings in England. However I’m sure the Polish meetings won’t be affected as badly by this. 

4 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

You’re assuming that guests are the only alternative option. I assumed teams would’ve been allowed to sign another rider given the circumstances. 

The problem with R/R is both injuries and out of form riders. As you say there can be 2 injuries in a meeting, but of course 1 injury is far more likely, and suddenly the side can be relatively very weak. Especially with the introduction of the U24 rider now who last season was often poor for a top 5 rider. Wrocław & Torun are lucky and still have 4 quality riders (or you could say unlucky as both would’ve felt a title challenge is more likely with their full teams). Compared to Grudziadz who are already relying on Nicki P and only need 1 other injury and KK to go 0, 0, 0 and suddenly they only have 2 riders left including their U24!

One personal irritation about R/R is how it drags out meetings in England. However I’m sure the Polish meetings won’t be affected as badly by this. 

If you can name me 4 riders not riding for Polish teams who Lublin, Wroclaw, Grudziadz and Torun can sign to replace the banned Laguta brothers, Sayfutdinov and Tarasienko then i would be interested to hear their names.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 12:41 PM, racers and royals said:

Lublin

4  Tudziej

8 (Almost certainly  Kubera) ??

Never heard of Tudziej, is it safe to assume that Kubera will get all his rides?  Is Drabik still eligible for #8?