British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague play- off Final 2nd leg Sunday 25th September Live on TV

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

If you can name me 4 riders not riding for Polish teams who Lublin, Wroclaw, Grudziadz and Torun can sign to replace the banned Laguta brothers, Sayfutdinov and Tarasienko then i would be interested to hear their names.

I knew that was coming! I’m not suggesting there are riders out there of the calibre of the Laguta brothers or Sayfutdinov, but at the least wouldn’t you rather have someone else in your squad to cover for an injury in the future? In previous seasons the team could track R/R, but now they’re already tracking R/R!

But to answer your question (and I apologise if these have been signed by lower league teams that I haven’t noticed yet) but what about: Ellis, Thorssell, Pontus Aspgren, THJ, Loktaev, Huckenbeck, Wolbert, Smolinski, Harris, Ostergaard, Nikolaj Jakobsen or a couple of other Brits. These riders are comparable in standard to Tarasenko and would score a couple of points if Wrocław got Tai & Dan injured rather than using a U21 Pole. 

41 minutes ago, Col said:

Never heard of Tudziej, is it safe to assume that Kubera will get all his rides?  Is Drabik still eligible for #8?

Drabik is 24, so no he can't ride at number 8. It's for U23s only. 

15 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I knew that was coming! I’m not suggesting there are riders out there of the calibre of the Laguta brothers or Sayfutdinov, but at the least wouldn’t you rather have someone else in your squad to cover for an injury in the future? In previous seasons the team could track R/R, but now they’re already tracking R/R!

But to answer your question (and I apologise if these have been signed by lower league teams that I haven’t noticed yet) but what about: Ellis, Thorssell, Pontus Aspgren, THJ, Loktaev, Huckenbeck, Wolbert, Smolinski, Harris, Ostergaard, Nikolaj Jakobsen or a couple of other Brits. These riders are comparable in standard to Tarasenko and would score a couple of points if Wrocław got Tai & Dan injured rather than using a U21 Pole. 

All those mentioned are riding in Polish league https://speedwayteams2022.blogspot.com/p/denmark-2022.html    the only one not is Ulrich and riders who ride in UK on Sunday`s regularly can`t commit to Poland. By the way Tarasienko is class- did you see him ride for Bydgoszcz last season ?

Edited by racers and royals

45 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

All those mentioned are riding in Polish league https://speedwayteams2022.blogspot.com/p/denmark-2022.html    the only one not is Ulrich and riders who ride in UK on Sunday`s regularly can`t commit to Poland. By the way Tarasienko is class- did you see him ride for Bydgoszcz last season ?

Fair enough. I thought that’d be the outcome. There must be some random Brits who aren’t top flight standard but are worthy of signing up incase of an injury crisis though surely.

I only regularly watched the Ekstraliga last season tbh but I intend to follow the 2 lower leagues as well this campaign. 

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

There must be some random Brits who aren’t top flight standard but are worthy of signing up incase of an injury crisis though surely.

No, because they're all riding in the Championship - most Championship clubs ride on the same night as Poland.

Teams confirmed in Czestochowa

Czestochowa

9  Madsen

10  Smektala

11  Woryna

12  Jeppesen

13  Lindgren

14  Swidnicki

15  Miskowiak

16 Kupiec

Leszno

1  Doyle

2  Kolodziej

3  Bellego

4  Lidsey

5  Piotr Pawlicki

6 H Jablonski

7  A Mencel

8 Borowiak

6 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Yes and no in order.

Big year for Kubera...

I think he could break through into that very top level over the next two or three years...

Nothing on VK but it looks like there was something 3 April.  Bellego getting the practice laps alongside Doyle for Leszno.

Probably but contract not sorted yet, check earlier posts.  Two home wins today I suspect.

No VK at the mo that I can find.

Madesn  doesn't look quick, daft fall from Woryna.

• Confused 1

Impressive first two outings from Jabłoński