British Speedway Forum
Yearbyred

Redcar v Newcastle Tyne Tees Trophy 25/03/22

56 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Question for the Redcar lot. Is the back straight viewing a new thing?? Or was it just for last night, also did it get very busy up there?

Back straight opened up last season, and it’s quite busy. I haven’t tried it yet but have been told that it’s good viewing 

31 minutes ago, Janice Jackson said:

Back straight opened up last season, and it’s quite busy. I haven’t tried it yet but have been told that it’s good viewing 

Ah I didn't realise that, I never visited Redcar last year, but I am really hoping to get to Robbo's testimonial next week. I've always thought the back straight would be amazing viewing, didn't know it was finally open.

17 hours ago, Gringo said:

1 55.6 /2 56.1 /3 55.1 /4 55.4 /5 55.5 /6 55.3 /7 55.9 /8 57.0 /9 55.4 /10 56.3 /11 56.7/12 57.4 /13 56.0 /14 57.1.

Did not get heat 15.

Brilliant! Thank you very much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Janice Jackson said:

One of many things that made 2021's visits to Redcar amongst the season's most enjoyable.

20 hours ago, Nassa10 said:

There was 6 minutes between the conclusion of heat 12&13 for some track grading 

20 hours ago, StevePark said:

Could have sworn Keith announced it as an interval.  Apologies if incorrect.

12 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Points noted but….

there wasn’t an interval !

11 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

No there wasn’t !

there was a track grade, nothing more.

2 hours ago, soupy said:

Well the announcer said over the mike there would be a short interval unless I am going deaf.I had the score 60-30 so not far out.I noticed in the list of fixtures it had Stuart Robson’s testimonial down as A =away.I enjoyed the night and knew the bears would be a tough nut to crack but also nice to see a healthy crowd.

There appears to be some confusion!!!  Anyway, either way, it didn't really add too much to the misery of the "disappointing" performance from ourselves on track.

Incidentally, I haven't commented on the Roynon/Wilson-Dean incident as I genuinely didn't see it as I was filling in my programme at the time.

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Incidentally, I haven't commented on the Roynon/Wilson-Dean incident as I genuinely didn't see it as I was filling in my programme at the time.

ah, the old Arsene Wenger 'I didn't see the incident' haha. I didn't see it because I wasn't there but there should be consequences if it was as bad as they say, although I would hate to pile misery on the Diamonds

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

There appears to be some confusion!!!  Anyway, either way, it didn't really add too much to the misery of the "disappointing" performance from ourselves on track.

Me too at first i thought it was wright who had done something he was pushing  him all through the race !

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2022 at 2:04 PM, StevePark said:

Yes there was. After heat 12.

We did not have a internal. Only breaks in proceedings were for track work and when riders had two on the trot. Redcar have a policy of no intervals after listening to what fans wanted last year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parsy29 said:

We did not have a internal. Only breaks in proceedings were for track work and when riders had two on the trot. Redcar have a policy of no intervals after listening to what fans wanted last year.

Well the announcer Keith told the paying public otherwise over the tannoy , So you will need to ask him.

10 hours ago, Parsy29 said:

Glad to hear that.  Watching the Diamonds is a big enough pain in the ass :lol:.

Sorry couldn't resist but really glad to hear in all seriousness that the Redcar promotion have listened to the fans in this respect. One of the reason's I lost interest. Takes all the momentum from a meeting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, enotian said:

Glad to hear that.  Watching the Diamonds is a big enough pain in the ass :lol:.

Sorry couldn't resist but really glad to hear in all seriousness that the Redcar promotion have listened to the fans in this respect. One of the reason's I lost interest. Takes all the momentum from a meeting. 

Totally agree !! No intervals + when it says tapes up at 7.30 or whatever time the meeting starts riders should be at the tapes & ready no 5 or so minutes after 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Totally agree !! No intervals + when it says tapes up at 7.30 or whatever time the meeting starts riders should be at the tapes & ready no 5 or so minutes after 

Whilst this is what the majority of us purists want, the reverse is that the Glasgow promotion have significantly increased its attendance (certainly pre-pandemic) by having entertainment during the interval mostly aimed at kids. Having this means kids bug their parents to go and there are far more youngsters at ashfield regularly than I've seen at any other track.

And while I have my issues with it and can extend the meeting beyond 2 hours often, the long term goal is to get kids interested and more people through the gates so you stomach it.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Whilst this is what the majority of us purists want, the reverse is that the Glasgow promotion have significantly increased its attendance (certainly pre-pandemic) by having entertainment during the interval mostly aimed at kids. Having this means kids bug their parents to go and there are far more youngsters at ashfield regularly than I've seen at any other track.

And while I have my issues with it and can extend the meeting beyond 2 hours often, the long term goal is to get kids interested and more people through the gates so you stomach it.

Yeah it works very at Glasgow as the promotion there have persisted with ( hats off to them )for  having the weeins on the centre green for a race against the Tigers mascot.. I remember Kevin keay at redcar doing interval entertainment a few years ago which also was good so maybe if there was entertainment at intervals It would be ok.. but like I said when it says tapes up at the proposed time it will be good to see all 4 riders at tapes ready to race 

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Like 1