British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

28.03. Aces v Tigers - Northern League Cup

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

Especially given its basically averaging around twenty quid to get in for an adult and not too many kids make up the numbers...

Maybe if Matej Zagar comes over they may need a couple of hundred more if he is on his "old deal"....:D

Are the crowds better when the 2 Manchester football clubs are not playing ,  either during the summer or as it was at the weekend an international break

18 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Are the crowds better when the 2 Manchester football clubs are not playing ,  either during the summer or as it was at the weekend an international break

In the Hyde road days, Aces fans would watch their team at home in the afternoon and then dart to the Speedway at night… often with City and United fans sat together enjoying their speedway

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Don't know to be honest...

When I used to go the attendance hovered around 1200 to 1400 which wasnt "too bad" in the grand scheme of things...

Cannot recall City being at home either when I have been there, but I suppose they must have played at the same time before now..

Although as City struggle to fill their ground maybe it doesn't have any impact? :D;)

At the old place crowds held up pretty well to be fair given the Aces were so poor for a good many of the seasons from 93 onwards...

And "if" the crowd last night was circa 1500+ I am sure those in charge would be quite pleased to maintain that all season...

Income of around £30k a match would be more than most I would think...

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mikebv said:

When I used to go the attendance hovered around 1200 to 1400 which wasnt "too bad" in the grand scheme of things...

Cannot recall City being at home either when I have been there, but I suppose they must have played at the same time before now..

Although as City struggle to fill their ground maybe it doesn't have any impact? :D;)

At the old place crowds held up pretty well to be fair given the Aces were so poor for a good many of the seasons from 93 onwards...

And "if" the crowd last night was circa 1500+ I am sure those in charge would be quite pleased to maintain that all season...

Is that your best shot? Oh how times have changed, "not in my lifetime". :rofl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

I feel for you, supporting Man Utd and Belle Vue!! Just as well you have a long memory! 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Col said:

That's the hope!  Looks like he's riding for Bydgoszcz Liga 1 this year rather than Ekstraliga, so no limits on other leagues, not that he appears to be riding in Elitserien or is not at least listed on the line-ups on the Svemo site.  Don't know about Danish league - wouldn't know where to look.

There is limits - Esktraliga is 1 extra league and Division 1 and 2 is 2 extra leagues 

13 hours ago, Col said:

I'm sure had Brennan not been programmed to partner Allen in heat 12 he would have replaced him, but Etheridge had not looked like doing anything until his final ride either.  Likewise Blodorn only came good in his final ride, which he had to take as his mandatory 3rd programmed ride having been replaced by TS Fricke earlier in the meeting.

That in lies the problem with the team manager - Allen should of been replaced in heat 9 off the back of Brennan winning the previous heat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

That in lies the problem with the team manager - Allen should of been replaced in heat 9 off the back of Brennan winning the previous heat.

No argument here!

13 hours ago, Pinny said:

So who is Allens replacement????? Is it Zagar?

If that is the case.. fingers Xed... I won't be bothering to go to Owlerton for the LC(N) fixture next week... I'll make that trek up the A38 when Zagar is in the team.

It would also be nice to know if Zagar is doing the Prem Pairs!

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I feel for you, supporting Man Utd and Belle Vue!! Just as well you have a long memory! 

United have the Glaziers Aces have Lemon coincidence the silverware is heading elsewhere? :)

• Like 1

Good start from a weakened Aces team who actually matched last years performance up to heat 14, only this time they missed out in the last. I think Sheffield are stronger this year compared to last season so to match the result up to that point was heartening for the weakened Aces. 

The inclusion of Allen was the decider in my opinion and shows poor team building on Lemons part. He should have named Zagar in the team then ran R/R in his place. Committee member Chris Louis did this against the Aces last year with Klindt and indeed committee member Bates made the same move with Cook on Monday. Committee members seem to have a better take on the rules than our fella. 

Racing wasn’t great and the fact it was tough to pass will cost us dear at Owlerton next week. Give that one a miss I reckon. 

2 hours ago, bellevueace said:

United have the Glaziers Aces have Lemon coincidence the silverware is heading elsewhere? :)

The Glaziers are uniteds owners Lemon does not own the aces

I cannot say I am overjoyed that it could be Zagar joining the team, from recall he was not one of the better No 1s that we have had, but one of the most expensive.

If it is a done deal then why have the management not announced it.

Obviously Zagar will be better than what we have got, but I still feel that we will not win the league, poor team management and inconsistent riders will see to that, plus the fairness of the track, in that we rarely get a huge advantage from the home leg of the Play -Offs.

I am old fashioned in believing the team at the top of the League at the end of the season should be the true Champions, and the Play Off winners are Knock out Cup Winners only.

10 hours ago, Col said:

If that is the case.. fingers Xed... I won't be bothering to go to Owlerton for the LC(N) fixture next week... I'll make that trek up the A38 when Zagar is in the team.

It would also be nice to know if Zagar is doing the Prem Pairs!

He’d be 2nd in averages so in theory should be, but wouldn’t surprise me if Kurtz was used. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BV66 said:

I cannot say I am overjoyed that it could be Zagar joining the team, from recall he was not one of the better No 1s that we have had, but one of the most expensive.

If it is a done deal then why have the management not announced it.

Obviously Zagar will be better than what we have got, but I still feel that we will not win the league, poor team management and inconsistent riders will see to that, plus the fairness of the track, in that we rarely get a huge advantage from the home leg of the Play -Offs.

I am old fashioned in believing the team at the top of the League at the end of the season should be the true Champions, and the Play Off winners are Knock out Cup Winners only.

Zagar was fantastic for Belle Vue and was a genuine number 1.