British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Birmingham 26/03/2022 KoC 1st Round 1st Leg

3 hours ago, BrizHeathen said:

For goodness sake, no speedway for months at a time when the world is in turmoil and people are still moaning about crazy stuff.

Fair enough, Adam Ellis is a big miss but it would take a lot more than that to keep me away.

Would you pay to watch a film if you knew the lead actor was being digitally replaced by Barry Chuckle?

Sorry, I actually agree with you. Yes Birmingham are weakened but if I was in the area I'd want to see Pearson's debut to see what all the fuss is about. 

Seems a nonsense that R/R couldn't apply because something Ian Thomas once did at Newcastle in 1978 or whenever it was.

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

Plenty of footballers having signed for new clubs are injured during pre-season and miss the first (few) fixtures. 
In the case of Adam, he was signed with the full knowledge that he would be unavailable for the Lions leg, but this is hardly a reason not to have signed him at all is it? 

You are missing the point, a footballer doesn't sign for a team then is unavailable for that team because they are away playing for another team in another fixture.

You get the BSN with the new Championship Streaming Platform. Trying to give the sport some credibility. Then same old scenario's.

10 minutes ago, screm said:

You are missing the point, a footballer doesn't sign for a team then is unavailable for that team because they are away playing for another team in another fixture.

Fair enough given the late signing,depends how many other fixtures clash though.

29 minutes ago, enotian said:

Would you pay to watch a film if you knew the lead actor was being digitally replaced by Barry Chuckle?

Not for "All the money in the world" :cheers:

8 minutes ago, lewy said:

So is Ben Morley riding as a guest or is he in the declared 1to 7?

He's in declared 7 on BSPL website.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lewy said:

So is Ben Morley riding as a guest or is he in the declared 1to 7?

9 minutes ago, arnieg said:

He's in declared 7 on BSPL website.

http://www.birmingham-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3123

See the bit which says "However, due to a prior league commitment in France this weekend, Birmingham have named Ben Morley as a member of their team for Saturday's (March 26, 7pm) Knockout Cup clash at Leicester."

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, screm said:

Plus football is a squad game speedway isn't so any comparison with football is irrelevant 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, StevePark said:

http://www.birmingham-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3123

See the bit which says "However, due to a prior league commitment in France this weekend, Birmingham have named Ben Morley as a member of their team for Saturday's (March 26, 7pm) Knockout Cup clash at Leicester."

Didn't Leicester sign Jake Knight for a single meeting last year while they were waiting for Zaine Kennedy to arrive? 

I assume the team will be redeclared for Adam to ride in the next Fixture or definitely first official League Fixture. 

• Like 1

I wonder how many more matches Ellis will be missing for Brummies?

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, iainb said:

When he sees tonight’s score he’ll be wondering what the hell he’s signed up to. Brum were quite simply woeful and only Ash Morris seemed to be up for it. I know the track gets criticised for it being gate and go with riders strung out after a couple of laps, but you have to look at the quality and attitude of riders. Poor entertainment tonight and I’m putting that down to Brum. How much better is Ellis going to make them?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Vissing will be missing alot aswell. Looking at his fixture clashes with his Danish club it could be up to nine. 

Edited by lewy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

When he sees tonight’s score he’ll be wondering what the hell he’s signed up to. Brum were quite simply woeful and only Ash Morris seemed to be up for it. I know the track gets criticised for it being gate and go with riders strung out after a couple of laps, but you have to look at the quality and attitude of riders. Poor entertainment tonight and I’m putting that down to Brum. How much better is Ellis going to make them?

Even if Ellis had only scored 10, at least the tie would still be alive. So not only have the Leicester fans been mugged off tonight, the Brummie fans will be expected to turn up to watch a dead rubber at the 2nd leg and they wonder why nobody goes to Birmingham... No winners

• Like 1