British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Birmingham 26/03/2022 KoC 1st Round 1st Leg

13 minutes ago, OGT said:

According to the P&P piece on Central News on Friday, Auty's bike can accelerate quicker than an F1 car.

He didn't say which one or what year it was though. 

The problem is....the bike can, but the rider can't! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, OGT said:

According to the P&P piece on Central News on Friday, Auty's bike can accelerate quicker than an F1 car.

He didn't say which one or what year it was though. 

Did it mention if the bike had brakes or not? Because if it didn't mention that... it definitely has got brakes

Teams like Leicester make a mockery of speedway,  the track looks fantastic but it is prepared in a way that only produces one racing line,  God help any visiting rider who tries to go wide on the bends because they siink faster than the Bismark.  Lion's fans would call it "home advantage" whereas I prefer the word "cheating".  All it produces is a guaranteed boring follow the leader  home win

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, poole keith said:

visiting riders need to be in the lead then!!

A Speedway heat is meant to be a race over 4 laps not a race to the first corner

• Like 2

On 3/28/2022 at 3:32 PM, Berry9 said:

Teams like Leicester make a mockery of speedway,  the track looks fantastic but it is prepared in a way that only produces one racing line,  God help any visiting rider who tries to go wide on the bends because they siink faster than the Bismark.  Lion's fans would call it "home advantage" whereas I prefer the word "cheating".  All it produces is a guaranteed boring follow the leader  home win

It's a tough track at Leicester but I did see Joe Thomson pass Josh Auty trying different racing lines. So you can pass there..youve just got to know the track..nick Morris did a pass as well....so it's not a mockery for speedway at all or even cheating. Birmingham were rubbish at gating that ain't Leicester's fault. 

Your fast becoming an embarrassment to Redcar with your silly posts. 

Leicester was built by the same man who built Redcar, although it has been tinkered with a number of times. A lot of tracks have there own racing line, some because they are around football or rugby pitches, some because of the angle of the bends, no two tracks are the same. Does that mean they are all ‘ cheating ‘ ? No it doesn’t !

As a famous world champion said “ They are all there to be ridden “.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Leicester was built by the same man who built Redcar, although it has been tinkered with a number of times. A lot of tracks have there own racing line, some because they are around football or rugby pitches, some because of the angle of the bends, no two tracks are the same. Does that mean they are all ‘ cheating ‘ ? No it doesn’t !

Blank Canvas and cocked it up.

No doubt the track builder/Layer had plenty of suggestions for improvements at that stage but They fell on deaf ears.

Edit

Redcar  Somerset and Scunthorpe 

3 examples of what can be done with a blank canvas

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 4:45 PM, Berry9 said:

A Speedway heat is meant to be a race over 4 laps not a race to the first corner

Since Stewart took over the racing has improved due to track alterations. When was the last time you came to Leicester to see a meeting?

Edited by Skodaman
Typo

I've never been a fan of the Leicester track but when I went there last season to watch them ride against Plymouth I must admit it was by far the best meeting I have seen there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

#removed#

• Haha 1

Just hope that not too many riders read Berry9’s post. If they do, they will looking for excuses not to show up for their team. Love the reference to cheating. The club have picked up on this and have agreed to remove the sign post on the first bend which reads ‘riders in white and yellow helmet colours please turn right and allow for the safe passage of those in red and blue helmet colours’. The management will also apologise for the strong team they have assembled and will discourage them from making good starts to give opposing teams a chance to win races and promise not to pass opposing riders in front of them.

I’ve made this point several times on this forum and the quality of racing is down to the quality of riders on track and their willingness to compete. I’ve had the privilege of watching GP level riders giving it their all head to head on this track (when it was worse tan it is now!) and the racing was superb.

The only team to beat the Lions at home last season were Poole. Nobody seems to like the Pirates (and I can understand why), but they won because their riders attacked the track and were the better team and deservedly won on the night.

In the first couple of seasons after Leicester returned to the sport, I don’t recall too many negative comments from opposing teams regarding the track. The Lions were consistently beaten at home and the track was far worse than what it is now. 

Hope this hasn’t discouraged Berry9 from future posts. For future posts though the spelling of ‘sink’ and also ‘Bears’ (check user name reference) need to be noted for the adult checking and posting comments on their behalf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Blank Canvas and cocked it up.

No doubt the track builder/Layer had plenty of suggestions for improvements at that stage but They fell on deaf ears.

Edit

Redcar  Somerset and Scunthorpe 

3 examples of what can be done with a blank canvas

Wouldn’t disagree with you but the personnel involved at the initial design and construction stage are no longer around. The people now on board are doing the best that they can with what they have. If people don’t like it they won’t go. Do the tracks you refer to attract bigger crowds than Leicester? Unfortunately money not entertainment keeps clubs afloat. There are plenty of fans around the country that would love to still be watching their defunct team on a crap track.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Just hope that not too many riders read Berry9’s post. If they do, they will looking for excuses not to show up for their team. Love the reference to cheating. The club have picked up on this and have agreed to remove the sign post on the first bend which reads ‘riders in white and yellow helmet colours please turn right and allow for the safe passage of those in red and blue helmet colours’. The management will also apologise for the strong team they have assembled and will discourage them from making good starts to give opposing teams a chance to win races and promise not to pass opposing riders in front of them.

I’ve made this point several times on this forum and the quality of racing is down to the quality of riders on track and their willingness to compete. I’ve had the privilege of watching GP level riders giving it their all head to head on this track (when it was worse tan it is now!) and the racing was superb.

The only team to beat the Lions at home last season were Poole. Nobody seems to like the Pirates (and I can understand why), but they won because their riders attacked the track and were the better team and deservedly won on the night.

In the first couple of seasons after Leicester returned to the sport, I don’t recall too many negative comments from opposing teams regarding the track. The Lions were consistently beaten at home and the track was far worse than what it is now. 

Hope this hasn’t discouraged Berry9 from future posts. For future posts though the spelling of ‘sink’ and also ‘Bears’ (check user name reference) need to be noted for the adult checking and posting comments on their behalf.

And prob gated better too! ;)

• Haha 1

There can be processional races everywhere however good or bad the track is.

The only thing they are doing at Leicester is trying and innovating.

The original track shape and banking has been altered several times and the camber on the first turn has been improved and may be improved further.

The fact that the track is extensively used for practice must hamper preparation on occasions but without practice there would be no conveyor belt of new talent.

Swindon was massively improved by shortening the straights are rounding off the corners and a few tracks may benefit from that as the issue it seems are bikes and modern engines and set up's as much as tracks, even though Leicester is a relative new build.

Give the Promotion there credit where it's due and as someone else has said, better a track where racing is ocasionally boring than no racing at all, you only have to look down the road at Coventry and Cradley to realise that. 

• Like 2