British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves v Brummies (Past & Present) 28th March 2022

From the official web-site:-

WOLVERHAMPTON: Sam Masters, Luke Becker, Nick Morris, Ryan Douglas, Steve Worrall, Drew Kemp, Leon Flint, Joe Thompson (No.8).

BIRMINGHAM: Chris Harris, Ashley Morris, Richard Lawson, Adam Roynon, Ben Barker, James Shanes, James Pearson.

This is a race-day update. No longer riding for Brummies, Josh Auty (lack of machinery) and Claus Vissing (returned to Denmark).

The weather is fine and sunny, so looking forard to seeing some action.

The line-ups make me think its more suited to be called a Tribute Night featuring "Luke Becker & The Double-Ups" performing with "Chris Harris & The Guests"..... with the guests tbc! 

Had it been Coventry then the band could be "Chris Harris & The Selecter". :rolleyes:

Pathetic from Josh Auty tbh and he may as well quit the sport considering he's not prepared for the season at all. 

How can you not have enough machinery after 2 days.

Decided to go but at £17 the chips and curry sauce will be given a miss. I think at full price and a programme it's hitting the vfm stage for a few I'd have thought

1 hour ago, bruno said:

Decided to go but at £17 the chips and curry sauce will be given a miss. I think at full price and a programme it's hitting the vfm stage for a few I'd have thought

Only a few??? :(

Birmingham didn't do that bad I thought. I don't think Vissing would have got 11? And Lawson did better than Auty would have. Good to see the Poole riders have a good night anyway! :t:

Thought the kid at 7 for Brummies had a nice style. Was never going to trouble the scorers on his first visit bit got round well. Will have a tough season no doubt but will be interesting to watch his progress

• Like 2

What was the crowd like?  Hardiest only I'd imagine.  Hope it wasn't full price entry.

At least Lawson & Morris got amongst the scorers, would have surely been more interesting if Wolves hadn't used Masters and given their #8 more Monmore track time. 

6 hours ago, Col said:

What was the crowd like?  Hardiest only I'd imagine.  Hope it wasn't full price entry.

At least Lawson & Morris got amongst the scorers, would have surely been more interesting if Wolves hadn't used Masters and given their #8 more Monmore track time. 

Crowd was probably the lowest I've seen st Monmore on opening night.  Tbf, even allowing for the local derby element it was not a particularly attractive fixture with Birmingham missing their top three riders anyway.

Have to say the track was poor.  Looked very dry and dusty

If perry barr is that dusty on Wednesday I can only imagine the Internet storm on Thursday.

For the years of racing experience Harris has, the amount of mechanical failures he has is ridiculous! You barely see him go through a meeting without breaking down once.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MattB said:

Crowd was probably the lowest I've seen st Monmore on opening night.  Tbf, even allowing for the local derby element it was not a particularly attractive fixture with Birmingham missing their top three riders anyway.

Have to say the track was poor.  Looked very dry and dusty

I though Wolves always (recently) started off with a "charity" match?

52 minutes ago, iainb said:

I though Wolves always (recently) started off with a "charity" match?

There were bucket collections for New Cross Hospital

2 hours ago, bloom89 said:

For the years of racing experience Harris has, the amount of mechanical failures he has is ridiculous! You barely see him go through a meeting without breaking down once.

Its also ridiculous the speed he can generate to come from nowhere during many races