British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GiveusaB

Birmingham v Coventry Select

I’ve just had a look at the forecast. Not surprised! Wet and 3C. And a meaningless fixture. Not good for an opening night so sensible to call off early as they’ve done

22 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I’ve just had a look at the forecast. Not surprised! Wet and 3C. And a meaningless fixture. Not good for an opening night so sensible to call off early as they’ve done

Meaningless to you perhaps.

Had the weather not deteriorated I'm pretty certain that there would have been a strong turnout of Bees fans which would have helped make the evening a success for the new Brum promotion in terms of crowd levels which I would imagine is very important to them, so not completely meaningless really.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Meaningless to you perhaps.

Had the weather not deteriorated I'm pretty certain that there would have been a strong turnout of Bees fans which would have helped make the evening a success for the new Brum promotion in terms of crowd levels which I would imagine is very important to them, so not completely meaningless really.

Apologies - I didn’t mean to offend. Meaningless in terms of the league or the cup.and meaningless in terms of the made up opposition. But only my opinion - I prefer a season opener, if it’s to be a glorified practice session, to be en open meeting, an interleague challenge or an inter club trophy. Something that matters, even if it’s just pride.

5 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Apologies - I didn’t mean to offend. Meaningless in terms of the league or the cup.and meaningless in terms of the made up opposition. But only my opinion - I prefer a season opener, if it’s to be a glorified practice session, to be en open meeting, an interleague challenge or an inter club trophy. Something that matters, even if it’s just pride.

That's OK I'm not offended , just thought i would highlight the important issue in my mind.

Bees fans in large numbers are patiently waiting & hoping for a chance to see their club back in action. Brum have stated they need people to attend in larger numbers, tonight had it gone ahead tonight would have very likely kept all parties happy.:)

• Like 1

According to the Brummies website it was 

COVENTRY: Chris Harris, James Sarjeant, Lewi Kerr, Adam Roynon, Ben Barker, Luke Crang, Joe Thompson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

And a meaningless fixture. Not good for an opening night

Just like at Leicester on Saturday night... and Brummies next home match come to think of it :cheers:

32 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

According to the Brummies website it was 

COVENTRY: Chris Harris, James Sarjeant, Lewi Kerr, Adam Roynon, Ben Barker, Luke Crang, Joe Thompson.

Are the Coventry riders Chris Harris & Adam Roynon any relation to the riders of the same names who rode for Birmingham two days ago at Wolverhampton? :D

Or even the Chris Harris (Berwick) & Adam Roynon (Redcar)....... :(

11 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Are the Coventry riders Chris Harris & Adam Roynon any relation to the riders of the same names who rode for Birmingham two days ago at Wolverhampton? :D

Or even the Chris Harris (Berwick) & Adam Roynon (Redcar)....... :(

Im led to believe that the best known  cloned version of Chris Harris rides for Peterborough 

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Im led to believe that the best known  cloned version of Chris Harris rides for Peterborough 

Is that the same Peterborough that are riding at Poole tonight without him? B):rolleyes:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Is that the same Peterborough that are riding at Poole tonight without him? B):rolleyes:

Not technically the same Peterborough !! but the select version, every team has a second select version do they not ,

Harris maybe riding at Poole now as the team member replacing the guest who was replacing an injured rider who was guesting for him

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Not technically the same Peterborough !! but the select version, every team has a second select version do they not ,

Harris maybe riding at Poole now as the team member replacing the guest who was replacing an injured rider who was guesting for him

:blink: Say that again?!;)