Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Plymouth v Poole KO Cup 1st leg 5/4/22

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Dan Gilkes riding very well and the difference tonight.

So good tonight :t: When the others get their set ups sorted Plymouth gonna be hard to beat there.

52 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Barker charged under Lawson and fenced him!

I'd hardly say he fenced him, if the shoe were on the other foot I'd fancy Lawson would do the same. It's racing! Looked the right decision albeit I didn't see a replay to see if actual contact was made but fencing him it really wasn't.

As far as the stream went I thought it was really good, I'd say the commentators were really enthusiastic but perhaps a bit too one sided (and I'm a Plymouth fan). Either way I was really pleased with the production as a whole and will definitely use it again (not tomorrow though as Poole will thump us).

I continue to despair at the track prep though, why oh why Plymouth continue to make the track so slick when firstly we seldom out-gate other teams and secondly it means racing is generally done by bend 2. You can see the track is so much smoother these days which is brilliant to see but seriously put some dirt on it and let them actually pass each other.

Dan Gilkes though, what a hero! Looks a hell of a signing!

Edited by torpointfanatic22
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Dirty Barker fenced Lawson. Exc finger pointing.

I didn't think it was that bad! Bit hard to tell on the camera angle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I didn't think it was that bad! Bit hard to tell on the camera angle. 

The point is Barker was out of control (Not for the first time) on one wheel and he lost it inside of Lawson taking him down.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Shoulder and hand. Doctor is examining

No work for him tomorrow 

• Haha 1

Congratulations to Poole tonight deserved winners the barker Lawson incident was right in front of me and barker didnt touch him I think our heat leaders might be a bit better tomorrow but Gilkes is gonna be some prospect

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I got one 20 secs bit of buffering when they were interviewing Garry May at the start, but prob my phone the problem rather than them!! 

That was probably because it was Garry May?! Lol

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

The point is Barker was out of control on one wheel and he lost it inside of Lawson taking him down.

Okay fair enough. I didn't see a replay, just in real time. But I would say for Barker that was quite fair! 

1 minute ago, Mike0310 said:

Congratulations to Poole tonight deserved winners the barker Lawson incident was right in front of me and barker didnt touch him I think our heat leaders might be a bit better tomorrow but Gilkes is gonna be some prospect

Will it be a guest for Eddie or r/r?

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I got one 20 secs bit of buffering when they were interviewing Garry May at the start, but prob my phone the problem rather than them!! 

Had no issues other than voices in the pits out of sync by about a second. Other that that it was all good.

• Like 1

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Okay fair enough. I didn't see a replay, just in real time. But I would say for Barker that was quite fair! 

Barker is not dirty rider IMO,just a nutcase at times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

That was probably because it was Garry May?! Lol

:D

Anyway I enjoyed watching the stream and I don't mind the commentators being a bit biased, it's good to hear thoughts and opinions from the opposition side of things. I thought it was good. Good racing, unpredictable meeting. :t:

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Barker is not dirty rider IMO,just a nutcase at times.

Agreed, Barker despite having his issues at times off track is pure box office on it and dirty he is not. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1