British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Plymouth v Poole KO Cup 1st leg 5/4/22

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Barker is not dirty rider IMO,just a nutcase at times.

True and I remember when he rode for Coventry a fair few seasons ago and when I saw him at Poole with Redcar( was it?) last season, he was a lot calmer I thought. 

What an improvement in Dan Gilkes. Hopefully can keep it up through the season.

As previously discussed Barker is not a dirty rider, can be bit out of control at times but not dirty

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Agreed, Barker despite having his issues at times off track is pure box office on it and dirty he is not. 

He is box office,and his off track antics have blighted his career.He is a wasted talent and could have been a big earner in the sport and went a lot further.IMO.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

And to think Lewy mocked scunny and Plymouth get smashed at home :rofl:

Is losing by 6 at home getting smashed?! I've seen Poole lose by 30 at home before, more than once! lol. Well definitely once, the other prob was but may have been slightly lower! 

1 hour ago, Marky_Mark said:

How did you work that out? Gilkes would have replaced Eddie with a reserve ride even if he hadn’t pulled out the meeting?

Long term plan. No rider to replace retired Eddy. Come and do one meeting drop it, and we can have a facility for ages. Rider shortage sorted.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Is losing by 6 at home getting smashed?! I've seen Poole lose by 30 at home before, more than once! lol. Well definitely once, the other prob was but may have been slightly lower! 

It is to your local rivals :party:

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He is box office,and his off track antics have blighted his career.He is a wasted talent and could have been a big earner in the sport and went a lot further.IMO.

Now carries to much baggage imo

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Long term plan. No rider to replace retired Eddy. Come and do one meeting drop it, and we can have a facility for ages. Rider shortage sorted.

True words

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

1 minute ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

It is to your local rivals :party:

They will batter your mob as will we just wait and see:

9 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Long term plan. No rider to replace retired Eddy. Come and do one meeting drop it, and we can have a facility for ages. Rider shortage 

12 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Surely not.

5 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

True words

13 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

I think you maybe right it said kennet on his Kevlars but that wasn’t him surely. But saying that palm toft and barker and Andersen will be better at Wimborne road so we may and I say may not getting the usual 30 point mauling we usually get  I must admit danny king didnt look his usual self tonight as he has always been very good at our place but as I’ve said before Gilkes is some prospect.

Edited by Mike0310

5 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

They will batter your mob as will we just wait and see:

Aye but we expect it tho & just thankful for speedway again

6 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Now carries to much baggage imo

Agree,but always manages to find a Club.

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Will it be a guest for Eddie or r/r?

Guest surely