British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP round 1 Gorican Saturday April 30th

On 4/1/2022 at 9:26 AM, racers and royals said:

Could Matej Zagar get the wildcard gig ? I believe Jurica Pavlic could have retired. Slovenia isn`t that far away.

Yes is the answer- confirmed today 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Yes is the answer- confirmed today 

Pavlic had tweeted he was making the trophies

On 4/7/2022 at 6:41 PM, speed29 said:

i hope we get opening ceremony!!! 

I hope we get good racing

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

I hope we get good racing

I doubt it at Gorican. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Noodles said:

I doubt it at Gorican. 

Yes I’m aware of that but can live in hope

There is a 'Test' meeting at Gorican on 23rd April, mainly for Discovery to fine tune their output.

No GP Riders involved in the meeting. 4 x Slovenian, 5 x Italian, 4 x Hungarian, 1 x Slovakian declared so far.

Clarification of race day schedule- all UK times

Official qualifying practice & start number selection  12pm-1.15pm

Opening ceremony  5.49pm

1st heat   6.04pm

6 QUALIFYING PRACTICE Date and time of the qualifying practice must be clearly stated in the SR. Qualifying practice is compulsory for the riders. Riders taking part in qualifying practice must do so within the official qualifying practice time schedule for each SGP meeting. Riders will be divided into groups of 3. Each rider will have three runs. Each Qualifying practice will commence according to a draw made (before qualifying practice) to determine qualifying practice order, unless specifically ordered otherwise by the race director. Each run will be of a maximum two (2) minutes duration determined by the referee. If the Qualifying practice is interrupted before all runs are accomplished and the remaining runs cannot be completed, then the results of the last fully completed round of runs will decide the order the riders will be called to make the starting number selection. If all riders have not taken a run, then the draw made for qualifying practice order will determine the race day starting number draw. Each rider must make himself ready in the lining-up zone, within the time limit of his group. On the order of the race director, he will be allowed to enter the track. Riders must practice according to the official qualifying practice order (1- 3/4-6 etc.). However, if the rider is not ready, he will miss that run. The race director may change the qualifying practice schedule according to the circumstances if he feels this is necessary. Managers, team members, mechanics or machines etc. are not permitted on the centre green. It is forbidden to make practice starts on the corners or on the starting gate straight. No starting practice with the starting gate in operation will be provided. The race director will decide on watering, grading etc. of the track according to the conditions. The weather conditions, the conditions of the track surface or other circumstances may dictate alterations to this procedure. Qualifying practice may be partly or totally cancelled, which may be decided only by the FIM international jury.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Clarification of race day schedule- all UK times

Official qualifying practice & start number selection  12pm-1.15pm

Opening ceremony  5.49pm

1st heat   6.04pm

6 QUALIFYING PRACTICE Date and time of the qualifying practice must be clearly stated in the SR. Qualifying practice is compulsory for the riders. Riders taking part in qualifying practice must do so within the official qualifying practice time schedule for each SGP meeting. Riders will be divided into groups of 3. Each rider will have three runs. Each Qualifying practice will commence according to a draw made (before qualifying practice) to determine qualifying practice order, unless specifically ordered otherwise by the race director. Each run will be of a maximum two (2) minutes duration determined by the referee. If the Qualifying practice is interrupted before all runs are accomplished and the remaining runs cannot be completed, then the results of the last fully completed round of runs will decide the order the riders will be called to make the starting number selection. If all riders have not taken a run, then the draw made for qualifying practice order will determine the race day starting number draw. Each rider must make himself ready in the lining-up zone, within the time limit of his group. On the order of the race director, he will be allowed to enter the track. Riders must practice according to the official qualifying practice order (1- 3/4-6 etc.). However, if the rider is not ready, he will miss that run. The race director may change the qualifying practice schedule according to the circumstances if he feels this is necessary. Managers, team members, mechanics or machines etc. are not permitted on the centre green. It is forbidden to make practice starts on the corners or on the starting gate straight. No starting practice with the starting gate in operation will be provided. The race director will decide on watering, grading etc. of the track according to the conditions. The weather conditions, the conditions of the track surface or other circumstances may dictate alterations to this procedure. Qualifying practice may be partly or totally cancelled, which may be decided only by the FIM international jury.

that will be very new for me, but interesting that will be good for speedway fans

Glad they doing the practise earlier and not 2 hours before meeting like often last year which was impossible to sort track out. 

On 4/14/2022 at 2:10 AM, Noodles said:

I doubt it at Gorican. 

Went to the GP Challege a few years back and the racing was great. 

1 hour ago, speed29 said:

Is qualifying practice will be on TV???

Yes but on Discovery Plus/Eurosport player only. 

Edited by Noodles