British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP round 1 Gorican Saturday April 30th

Any updates on how people can watch in countries where speedway doesn’t have a tv deal? 

I’m hoping it will be on YouTube but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not, to really drive people to the discovery app. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, PragueMagpie said:

Any updates on how people can watch in countries where speedway doesn’t have a tv deal? 

I’m hoping it will be on YouTube but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not, to really drive people to the discovery app. 

Doesn`t mention you tube on latest info https://www.fimspeedway.com/every-round-live-on-warner-bros-discovery-sports-platforms-as-speedway-enters-brave-new-world/

• Like 1

Confirmation that the qualifying shoot-out has gone.

QUALIFYING PRACTICE

· After a two-year break, FIM Speedway Grand Prix qualifying practice is back and will now be staged on race day at most SpeedwayGP events.

· Qualifying practice offers riders an opportunity to secure first choice of starting number, which allows them to select the set of starting positions they feel will suit them best for that night’s SpeedwayGP event.

· All 16 starting numbers ensure every rider starts from each of the four gates at least once. But they will start from one gate twice – and a big performance in qualifying practice hands them the best chance to ensure they have the right starting positions at the right time. This can be a huge advantage later that day!

· Riders will take to the track in groups of three and will have three blocks of two minutes clock the fastest flying laps they can.

· The rider who records the fastest lap over the session earns first choice of starting number for the evening’s SpeedwayGP event, with the second-placed rider choosing next and the rider ranked 16th selecting last.

· If two or more riders clock the same fastest lap time, the rider whose second fastest lap time is quicker will be placed higher.

· Any riders who fail to set times will be randomly allocated starting numbers by the FIM after the riders who set times have selected.

· If qualifying practice cannot be staged in full with all riders given the opportunity to set times, for example due to rain, the times recorded during any completed blocks of qualifying runs will determine who earns first choice of starting numbers.

· In the event that qualifying practice cannot be staged at all or the first block of qualifying practice runs is not completed, a random FIM draw will determine starting numbers for that night’s SpeedwayGP event.

• Like 1

So with Qualifying on the day determining the draw, that will make scorecards and betting a bit more rushed this season!

A bit behind on GP news, is the GP2 series televised too?? 

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Yes

Can't find it anywhere, tv schedule, rider's etc

4 hours ago, PragueMagpie said:

Yeh, looks like we will not be able to watch it if there’s no tv deal. 

Hello. I think there is an article on fim speedway website  in the week that gave details on how to watch in Czech  republic  if I remember  right I'm  sure it said Prague gp live on national  tv highlights  of all other rounds on Sunday. All meetings  live on eurosport  app. Don't  know if you have to pay for that. 

Being lazy, anyone know the start time on discovery + tonight

8 minutes ago, bruno said:

Being lazy, anyone know the start time on discovery + tonight

5pm they are also showing the qualifying but have the wrong time on their schedule it`s 12-1.15pm 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 10:22 AM, PragueMagpie said:

9721-8ee22a96-2e9b-4391-820a-e4492dc87e3b-jpg

9722-e240f948-0424-4fa4-842a-d412038e56c4-jpg

Edited by Bavarian