British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP round 1 Gorican Saturday April 30th

Well that was impressive all round…Discovery certainly took the sport forward with that production..and Kelvin Tatum and Chris Louis were excellent

Everything looked very professional and a great advert for speedway

its up to the other riders to compete with Zmarzlik and I for one never tire of watching him ride and he is probably the most exciting rider I have watched since my time of starting watching in the mid 70s 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well done to Kelvin and Chris. Brilliant effort under extremely testing circumstances.

I missed the first half of the meeting. Was Scoop mentioned?

Yes he was mentioned and spoken about by Kelvin during the buildup, and also a period of Silence and applause after the national anthem.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fixer2 said:

Watching Discovery Sports on Roku box, their voices are out of sync,  just my box or is the delay inherent with streaming?

When I first started with Discovery+ in February and using a ROKU box sound and vision were not in sync.  At that time I had ordered a new ROKU box for the lounge tv. When it came I put it onto the bedroom tv, the one with the out of sync, and everything was ok.  So, the new box is permanently in the bedroom and working fine, while the older box is redundant (works ok with other apps on the older ROKU).

So, how old is your ROKU box, it may be that causing out of sync, but I would do a online report to Discovery+ giving all the details, including the ROKU box version (assuming you have kept the box updated).

Great work from Kelvin and Chris - it felt odd without Nigel though :sad: Overall, it looks like Discovery have spent a lot to make it a better experience for everyone. I didn’t like Graciela as the host and the music was very loud and off putting throughout.  Why use Scott Nicholls when they could use Brando - who is a professional presenter?

Yes, all very enjoyable. Zmarzlik will take some beating though, to state the obvious.

Can’t wait to go to one live again but meanwhile the tv coverage was indeed excellent. Kelvin and Chris are a good team, especially tonight under the circumstances, hope Chris continues in the role as he provides some interesting insights.

And a big thank you to everyone whose first language isn’t English. We take it for granted but I wish I could be so fluent in a foreign tongue.

Edited by Tactical Joker
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Russian nor Belarus tennis players will not be at Wimbledon tennis this year.

I have said it on here before, there is a strong link between Polish and Ukraine citizens, a lot stronger then you may think. And the hatred for Russia now is quite strong.  Likely to continue until the population in Russia open their eyes and realise they have a one man government.

It will continue until the world opens their eyes, if your going to listen to propaganda then at least listen to both sides, the hatred of Russians by poles goes back a lot longer than the current situation 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

Racing was much better than I thought it would on that track. Full marks to all riders who once again stood up to the plate and gave a good night entertainment.

For Janowski to be world champ he going to have to gate like Hancock consistently.

9 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Russian nor Belarus tennis players will not be at Wimbledon tennis this year.

I have said it on here before, there is a strong link between Polish and Ukraine citizens, a lot stronger then you may think. And the hatred for Russia now is quite strong.  Likely to continue until the population in Russia open their eyes and realise they have a one man government.

i dont know if any of you have worked it out yet but the one world order is already in place divide and conquer is their motto, also check out what the Hegelian dialectic means. works every time on us sheep

2 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

It will continue until the world opens their eyes, if your going to listen to propaganda then at least listen to both sides 

So you saying the people in Russia get a fair vote. Most of Putins opposers are dead or in jail.  A Russian member of Parliament said that parliament was never consulted about these “special operations” in Ukraine.  The soldiers did not know what they were going into, some reports they were told nothing, others they would be welcome with open arms and be home within a week.  You cannot defend the blatant killing (murder) of ordinary citizens, shelling of hospitals, normal housing, the brutal rapes. Too late when the investigations into war crimes are produced.

• Like 3

Hopefully the new era will have seen new people watching, so thank goodness it was not a boring meeting.  Lambert seems to have the same problem as last year, though, starting very strong then just fading away as the night goes on.

Tatum and Louis were a bit rough last year when they stood in for Nigel, but they just need time together to gel.  So I hope they have been given the whole season and are not just a short term fix.  Presumably they will also be working on the Premiership meetings, which will help them improve more quickly.

I wonder what Dave Rowe was doing for Discovery if not commentating?

32 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

So you saying the people in Russia get a fair vote. Most of Putins opposers are dead or in jail.  A Russian member of Parliament said that parliament was never consulted about these “special operations” in Ukraine.  The soldiers did not know what they were going into, some reports they were told nothing, others they would be welcome with open arms and be home within a week.  You cannot defend the blatant killing (murder) of ordinary citizens, shelling of hospitals, normal housing, the brutal rapes. Too late when the investigations into war crimes are produced.

As I said listen to both sides and make your own judgment, when your informed from one side and the other is banned, that should raise your curiosity at least, I’m not defending Russia or Putin or Ukraine but I will say all is not what  we are being told to think (again)  

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

As I said listen to both sides and make your own judgment, when your informed from one side and the other is banned, that should raise your curiosity at least, I’m not defending Russia or Putin or Ukraine but I will say all is not what  we are being told to think  

Russian athletes are banned. You can go online and see the rubbish that they are spewing on Russian tv. 

as for the coverage. I enjoyed tonight. Thought it was an all round good production. 

• Like 1

I think we all expected a gate 'n' go fest but racing was pretty good. Liked the 'less busy' graphics. Difficult night for Kelvin but he was a true professional.

My one beef was the refusal to acknowledge the existence of Artem & Emil. (I did fast forward thru a few bits so may have missed a reference, but in the preamble they clearly referred to ALL the world's best speedway riders - which simply wasn't true).

19 minutes ago, someone said:

Hopefully the new era will have seen new people watching, so thank goodness it was not a boring meeting.  Lambert seems to have the same problem as last year, though, starting very strong then just fading away as the night goes on.

Tatum and Louis were a bit rough last year when they stood in for Nigel, but they just need time together to gel.  So I hope they have been given the whole season and are not just a short term fix.  Presumably they will also be working on the Premiership meetings, which will help them improve more quickly.

I wonder what Dave Rowe was doing for Discovery if not commentating?

Hosting the highlights  programme on Tuesday evening.

Edited by racers and royals