British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP round 1 Gorican Saturday April 30th

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well done to Kelvin and Chris. Brilliant effort under extremely testing circumstances.

I missed the first half of the meeting. Was Scoop mentioned?

Edited by Badge

8 hours ago, pawel115 said:

You see  what Russian soldiers are doing in Ukraine right ? and both of them are Russian Soldiers in reserves and i have read Laguta comments about the conflict too and he was supportive of Putin so you might want to stop this nonsense that they should be riding in GP.

You see what Ukraine soldiers are doing to their own citizens right ? Oh that’s right you don’t because they don’t want you to see it, it’s war their are no winners just losers, neither side are blameless but what is reported in western media is just lies, 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Someone asked who is going to stop Zmarzlik.  It will e the one who is brave enough to make overtakes or undertakes as amazing as Zmazlik does.  He is not my favourite rider by far, but I admire his courage.  Freddie to kit to him, Leon has, but they both struggling from long covid or injuries and seem past their best.  Woffy used to find gaps and burst them open but that was then, this is now.  Dudek used to be fast but cautious, now he is cautious and not so fast.   Someone, I dont know who, has to show some courage like Zmarzil has, together with skill and speed.  Its going to take some of the new blood to develop, but I just cant see who at the moment.

• Like 1

FWIW here's my take on the new Discovery Events era...

Not impressed and overall a bit of a step backwards imo.

Why have a presenter who speaks English as a foreign language as a presenter for an English language transmission? Sure have her on the Polish coverage or the pit interview slot but I don't think she can think quick enough in a foreign language to present a live show, perhaps she'll improve I hope so, it's early days.

The whole transmission was too loud for me and left me with a headache, it was almost like being there with the noise from the PA system and the racket they played over the replays was grating to say the least.

The heart rate monitors... a nice idea, but they can't be accurate surely! If they are I hope they've got 16 ambulances on standby at the track! The telemetry that was starting to be introduced over the last couple of years has now gone, so we now don't know if a rider is using a different bike. None of the so called new innovations were on view, no rider cam, no analysis, no stats, no touch screen analysis. All pretty poor imo and just what I've come to expect from Eurosport

Website hasn't been updated with any results yet and it's 10am the following day!

Are Monster Energy not now the series sponsor? They seem to be just official energy drink supplier... seems a step backwards to me.

Fortunately the on track action was top draw! One swallow doesn't make a summer though, it's good that we're back to 1 night GP's on different tracks in different country's.

4 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

You see what Ukraine soldiers are doing to their own citizens right ? Oh that’s right you don’t because they don’t want you to see it 

2 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

You see what Ukraine soldiers are doing to their own citizens right ? Oh that’s right you don’t because they don’t want you to see it 

And two wrongs (if you believe either of them) make a right????

We're all subjected to propaganda in one form or another in all our daily lives, mostly pointless to sell us stuff.  The fact that there is misinformation out there doesn't mean you can not decide between what is right and what is wrong. 

Just now, enotian said:

And two wrongs (if you believe either of them) make a right????

We're all subjected to propaganda in one form or another in all our daily lives, mostly pointless to sell us stuff.  The fact that there is misinformation out there doesn't mean you can not decide between what is right and what is wrong. 

The whole thing is wrong full stop, both sides are wrong but the worst of all is us we are just peddling war 

1 minute ago, enotian said:

peddling war!!  what does that even mean?

Pushing for war then 

4 minutes ago, enotian said:

peddling war!!  what does that even mean?

2 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Pushing for war then 

So what did you think to the GP then and the new Discovery coverage? Who's going to challenge BZ on a consistent basis?

Well I'm certainly not and I don't see that from any contributors to a speedway forum.

I think you might have lost the plot a little mate.

The impact of any posts on here is zero.  These are merely comments on effectively whether or not Russian athletes should be allowed to participate in International sport.  I very much doubt any comments from here will result in increased military might by either Russian or Ukraine.

1 minute ago, iainb said:

So what did you think to the GP then and the new Discovery coverage? Who's going to challenge BZ on a consistent basis?

point taken.  I posted my thoughts on that earlier

• Like 1

Anyway back to the GP and I thought it was a great start on Eurosport. Kelv did a great job and understandably emotional without Nige. Chris was not bad and I think if they stay together they will build a good relationship on the comms.

Scotty in the pits was not bad though expected Dave Rowe to be somewhere in the team.

Great racing expected a bore fest but credit to the track staff as Gorican served up some great racing. Bartosz is going to be tough to beat this year I fear but it is a long season so lets see what happens.

Roll on Warsaw!! :t:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richspeedway said:

Anyway back to the GP and I thought it was a great start on Eurosport. Kelv did a great job and understandably emotional without Nige. Chris was not bad and I think if they stay together they will build a good relationship on the comms.

Scotty in the pits was not bad though expected Dave Rowe to be somewhere in the team.

Great racing expected a bore fest but credit to the track staff as Gorican served up some great racing. Bartosz is going to be tough to beat this year I fear but it is a long season so lets see what happens.

Roll on Warsaw!! :t:

Agree.

I think Zmarzlik doesn't have the greatest of records at the Warsaw Round (if you can compare previous years) so maybe a chance for someone to take a win. As I posted earlier there might be a period of time (years) where we just have to accept the genius of Zmarzlik as an all time great.  Not ideal for the series but he really does seem a level above the rest. It happens.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, iainb said:

Decent meeting, I think Bartoz is nailed on for champion, he is in a different class but very open for runners up, I’ve always watched the GP on polish tv but they are not showing it so had to watch English last night, don’t like Marcella but she is what she is, strange music on replays sound like Egyptian music but not really relevant, camera work of racing was suspect as usual, with camera focussed on riders at the back while battle on at front  

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1