British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP round 1 Gorican Saturday April 30th

9 hours ago, mikebv said:

Just got in, just watched it...

Do you think that his peers will ever think to ride the inside line to block Zmarzlik?

If he goes around you then fair enough.. 

But dont give the fella a free pass...

A truly superb rider but FFS he will nine times our of ten spear the bike at you into turn three...

Hint. Ride the white line against him if you get in front because he is faster than you..

Five years at least he has done the same dive bomb and been allowed to do it..

As for Woffy?..

A gradual erosion of capability which is perfectly natural given age and responsibilities increase...

Far too many times over the past few years it has been a case of "wrong place, wrong time"...

That isnt unlucky...

Top ten at best this year for Tai...

For Gorican though, a very good meeting....

Smarzlik and Janowski are the class acts.The rest will have their moments.Woffy doesn’t want to mix it nowadays.Lambert just a gater and rides the inside lines.Decent meeting though.

13 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Hosting the highlights  programme on Tuesday evening.

Thank you.  An interesting choice to send out a presenter just for that, rather than use one of those already there or a voiceover as previously.  If they are making something separate then it may be interesting to watch.

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Smarzlik and Janowski are the class acts. The rest will have their moments.Woffy doesn’t want to mix it nowadays.Lambert just a gater and rides the inside lines.Decent meeting though.

That's rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

Only my opinion, yours  differs obviously.

You got that right.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

The whole thing is wrong full stop, both sides are wrong but the worst of all is us we are just peddling war 

who is the "us" that is peddling (pushing) for war??????

I certainly am not pushing for war.  I am pushing for peace.  I believe peace will come, I trust the prophecies in the Bible, which promises peace.  But sadly most people have either given up on hope or still put their hope on mans governments (management)

2 hours ago, iainb said:

FWIW here's my take on the new Discovery Events era...

Not impressed and overall a bit of a step backwards imo.

Why have a presenter who speaks English as a foreign language as a presenter for an English language transmission? Sure have her on the Polish coverage or the pit interview slot but I don't think she can think quick enough in a foreign language to present a live show, perhaps she'll improve I hope so, it's early days.

The whole transmission was too loud for me and left me with a headache, it was almost like being there with the noise from the PA system and the racket they played over the replays was grating to say the least.

The heart rate monitors... a nice idea, but they can't be accurate surely! If they are I hope they've got 16 ambulances on standby at the track! The telemetry that was starting to be introduced over the last couple of years has now gone, so we now don't know if a rider is using a different bike. None of the so called new innovations were on view, no rider cam, no analysis, no stats, no touch screen analysis. All pretty poor imo and just what I've come to expect from Eurosport

Website hasn't been updated with any results yet and it's 10am the following day!

Are Monster Energy not now the series sponsor? They seem to be just official energy drink supplier... seems a step backwards to me.

Fortunately the on track action was top draw! One swallow doesn't make a summer though, it's good that we're back to 1 night GP's on different tracks in different country's.

I can agree with a lot of that.             

What I did like was the pit layout, that has made a big jump forward. Looks smart.           

For me, what Disc+ needs to do is notify the large audience what time the meeting starts....... UK time, that is.   10:45 became 11:45,  4:30 became 5:50.   Further, I log on for 10:45 and was greeted with You Need To Upgrade.  Panic set in. Log in 4:30 and the same message.  It got me wondering am I going to see the GP live (what I paid for).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

who is the "us" that is peddling (pushing) for war??????

I certainly am not pushing for war.  I am pushing for peace.  I believe peace will come, I trust the prophecies in the Bible, which promises peace.  But sadly most people have either given up on hope or still put their hope on mans governments (management)

Our blood thirsty government is us 

10 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I can agree with a lot of that.             

What I did like was the pit layout, that has made a big jump forward. Looks smart.

Yes, i think that was an improvement, in the last couple of years the riders started to hide away in their pit bays, they are now totally open so there is no hiding place. 

6 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Our blood thirsty government is us 

Has Sunak found some money from somewhere, I thought he was building a swimming pool.

2 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

camera work of racing was suspect as usual, with camera focussed on riders at the back while battle on at front  

And for the love of all that is holy when are they going to have a super slo mo camera on the start/finish line for close finishes. A big fail for Discovery, it's 2022 and we're still looking at blurred images at 30fps from a camera at an angle!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

When I first started with Discovery+ in February and using a ROKU box sound and vision were not in sync.  At that time I had ordered a new ROKU box for the lounge tv. When it came I put it onto the bedroom tv, the one with the out of sync, and everything was ok.  So, the new box is permanently in the bedroom and working fine, while the older box is redundant (works ok with other apps on the older ROKU).

So, how old is your ROKU box, it may be that causing out of sync, but I would do a online report to Discovery+ giving all the details, including the ROKU box version (assuming you have kept the box updated).

Thank you, the box is a couple of years old, but the software updated today without problem. All very strange... other apps (MY5, You Tube, Sky news live) on the ROKU are fine, all synchronised. Even other programmes from Discovery plus (Lifestyle, Houses etc) all fine and in sync.  However anything on Discover Sports, live or on catch-up are out of synch... just watched live snooker and you can hear the ball being hit 10 seconds before you see it...madness!

Last nights GP is still out of sync, only option I think is to cancel Discovery sports stream and get Eurosport through Sky?

Technology eh!

Enjoyed last night some good racing, the commentators did well, a really close call with Dan Bewley and Anders Thomson on the line , thought Dan had just got it but very tight!

Edited by topaz325
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, iainb said:

And for the love of all that is holy when are they going to have a super slo mo camera on the start/finish line for close finishes. A big fail for Discovery, it's 2022 and we're still looking at blurred images at 30fps from a camera at an angle!

I quite agree, the technology is not that expensive but instead we get to know the riders heart rate.

hmmbm.jpg.4aa63f1fa355fc9c9e1421dff753894b.jpg

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, iainb said:

What are you talking about? Kelvin Tatum is an experienced commentator, in fact he's probably got more experience now in commentating than he had riding speedway!

I was referring more to whoever replaces Pearson. 

Kelvin is fine as the 2nd man, but needs a "commentator" not an analyser next to him in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1