British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP round 1 Gorican Saturday April 30th

5 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Without Emil and Artem, the GP series is one of the weakest it's ever been.

Zmarzlik has already won.

How does the saying go?...Many a slip twixt cup and lip.

42 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Without Emil and Artem, the GP series is one of the weakest it's ever been.

Zmarzlik has already won.

Good. There are plenty of other sports you can go and watch then... :t:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, arnieg said:

I think we all expected a gate 'n' go fest but racing was pretty good. Liked the 'less busy' graphics. Difficult night for Kelvin but he was a true professional.

My one beef was the refusal to acknowledge the existence of Artem & Emil. (I did fast forward thru a few bits so may have missed a reference, but in the preamble they clearly referred to ALL the world's best speedway riders - which simply wasn't true).

This was discussed in the intro before the meeting. Marcelina did an interview with Francois Ribeiro where they went over that Artem and Emil were missing and the reasons for this. Likewise the cancellation of the round in Togliatti

Good first GP of the season with more passing than might have been expected, the coverage was very good to be honest. Kelvin stepped up to the plate (Nige wold have been proud) and the general presentation was fine. I liked the heart rate graphic, even if wasn't maybe 100% accurate (maybe!)

We're in the Zmarzlik era though and it will be hard to promote as he's a few percent above everyone else at the moment (Laguta and Sayfutdinov's absence doesn't help obviously),  but that shouldn't detract from the event'. To me he's like a Schumacher of the early 2000's - great equipment obviously, but also a little bit better than anyone else. Let's respect that even if it detracts from the promotion of the sport to the wider public,

Zmarzlik is different gravy and has been excellent since 2016.  He just looks quicker at most SGP meetings. He is as dominant as Tricks was in his time , albeit the difference being that the competition doesn't look as strong in this era. We know only takes one shale sample and the season can change but this season looks as though may be a shootout between Zmarzlik and Janowski - However Gorican is a strange track and will be interesting to see if any other riders are more competitive at Warsaw. 

As for the tv coverage - seemed ok + a  difficult night for Kelvin Tatum but I am sure Nige would of been proud of him and his professionalism. Would of been a tough but sure a Guiness was lifted in honour - speedway will never sound the same. 

6 minutes ago, Hackett said:

Zmarzlik is different gravy and has been excellent since 2016.  He just looks quicker at most SGP meetings. He is as dominant as Tricks was in his time , albeit the difference being that the competition doesn't look as strong in this era. We know only takes one shale sample and the season can change but this season looks as though may be a shootout between Zmarzlik and Janowski - However Gorican is a strange track and will be interesting to see if any other riders are more competitive at Warsaw. 

As for the tv coverage - seemed ok + a  difficult night for Kelvin Tatum but I am sure Nige would of been proud of him and his professionalism. Would of been a tough but sure a Guiness was lifted in honour - speedway will never sound the same. 

Agree,it’s only the crazy points going system that gives anybody else a chance of beating Smarzlik and to a lesser extent Janowski overall.

14 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

The whole thing is wrong full stop, both sides are wrong but the worst of all is us we are just peddling war 

Nonsense. I have a lot of colleagues in the Ukraine, hard as you may find it to believe  I haven't seen any of them blame the BSF (or the British government) for the situation...maybe they are too busy trying to stay alive to spend time looking at conspiracy sites...

• Like 2

Excellent racing for first gp of the season. Zmarzlik again looked superb- one of the great riders of the modern era, and fantastic to watch. Lambert looked a title contender for two rides, then like Chris Harris for the next ones...Bewley held his own..Tai was disappointing but I wouldn't write him off yet. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

Nonsense. I have a lot of colleagues in the Ukraine, hard as you may find it to believe  I haven't seen any of them blame the BSF (or the British government) for the situation...maybe they are too busy trying to stay alive to spend time looking at conspiracy sites...

This is my last post about this on this ,Then they will fully aware that this war has been going on since 2014 not February 2022 and 1000s of Russians (and Ukrainians)living in Ukraine have been killed by Ukraine,and by us I mean the government not the bsf , thought that was obvious but clearly not 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

11 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Thank goodness for that. 

I don't know, I used to look forward to reading about all those David Icke conspiracy theories. Gave me a good laugh anyway :D

• Like 1

22 hours ago, iainb said:

And for the love of all that is holy when are they going to have a super slo mo camera on the start/finish line for close finishes. A big fail for Discovery, it's 2022 and we're still looking at blurred images at 30fps from a camera at an angle!

They have some kind of camera at the start/finish line but not sure how or if they use it.

On 5/1/2022 at 9:58 AM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

You see what Ukraine soldiers are doing to their own citizens right ? Oh that’s right you don’t because they don’t want you to see it, it’s war their are no winners just losers, neither side are blameless but what is reported in western media is just lies, 

You seem to have a real bee in your bonnet about this.  Ultimately, both riders are banned whether you agree with it or not.  Move on and enjoy the speedway (it was a decent meeting by the way)

• Like 1

Just seen the highlights on Quest, almost a waste of time. Too much faffing about with replays etc. I know it was the first one of the season, but did it need so long at the beginning before the racing began with Heat 18!? Less time wasted would allow more time for the actual racing with more heats able to be shown. Next time a longer programme or less mucking about please. 

• Like 1