British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP round 1 Gorican Saturday April 30th

6 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Is it not an FIM decision?  I thought it was.

It was.  And it was the Russian federation that was suspended, which unfortunately means Emil and Artem are no longer licensed to ride.  I do not see how Discovery could have tried to go against that.

4 minutes ago, someone said:

It was.  And it was the Russian federation that was suspended, which unfortunately means Emil and Artem are no longer licensed to ride.  I do not see how Discovery could have tried to go against that.

By growing some balls and stop pandering to virtue signallers 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

By growing some balls and stop pandering to virtue signallers 

If they are pandering to anyone it is only to the people who own the series.  They would likely be breaching the contract with FIM as promoter if they allowed unlicensed riders to take part, risking the whole series being cancelled instead.

5 minutes ago, someone said:

If they are pandering to anyone it is only to the people who own the series.  They would likely be breaching the contract with FIM as promoter if they allowed unlicensed riders to take part, risking the whole series being cancelled instead.

As proved in other sports Russians are still competing, its virtue signalling and history will not be kind to speedway, whoever the decision is is irrelevant, it’s wrong and quite frankly I’m disgusted in the other riders to not speaking out about it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Kelvin and Chris doing a great job considering everything that sadly happened , Scott good doing the pit work but not enjoying Marcelina....bless her! Hopefully she will settle its a very difficult job presenting 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

As proved in other sports Russians are still competing, its virtue signalling and history will not be kind to speedway, whoever the decision is is irrelevant, it’s wrong and quite frankly I’m disgusted in the other riders to not speaking out about it 

History will not be kind to speedway !!! I think that train left the station a couple of decades ago….. :rofl:

• Like 2

The actual explanation of the sport, bikes, rules etc in the first 30 minutes was excellent. Best I've seen. 

Understandably Kelv is upset and lost. 

Scotty would have been better commentating rather than monotone Chris Louis. 

I wasn't particularly a fan but huge boots to fill with Nigel gone. 

May be they will have to find an experienced commentator from other genres of motorsports to try to take things forwards. 

20 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

History will not be kind to speedway for excluding Russian riders ? Doubt it’ll take up many inches in newspapers or historical books mate. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HGould said:

The actual explanation of the sport, bikes, rules etc in the first 30 minutes was excellent. Best I've seen. 

Understandably Kelv is upset and lost. 

Scotty would have been better commentating rather than monotone Chris Louis. 

I wasn't particularly a fan but huge boots to fill with Nigel gone. 

May be they will have to find an experienced commentator from other genres of motorsports to try to take things forwards. 

Agree with all of that except the monotone Chris Louis. I’m actually enjoying his comments made with practical knowledge of what it takes to ride a bike without any over the top shouting at mediocre moves.

I find Scott far more monotone but each to their own.

• Like 1

So, is Janowski going to do this again, and then tail off during the series?

Important to have someone Kelvin has worked alongside before I guess given how difficult this commentary will be for him to get through.  Louis has filled in a couple of times in the past.

Impressed with the build up and the way they've explained the sport. 

• Like 1

Why are they showing Thomsen with 3 points?

15 minutes ago, HGould said:

They tried that before when they originally used Jack Burnicle for their SEC/SBP coverage.  I do not follow any other motorsports but I gather he respected by Superbike fans  On speedway he was an absolute disaster, and did not last long before being replaced by Dave Rowe.