British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Scunthorpe 02/04/2022 Championship

2 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Think you mean the Audi score. Although the Scunthorpe management may see it as an Aldi score as they didn’t have to pay him much!

Woops my bad! Yes I agree he just doesn't like the track

41 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Woops my bad! Yes I agree he just doesn't like the track

Doesn't seem to like many away tracks apart from Peterborough. If he gates he's ok ,if he doesn't its woeful.

24 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Doesn't seem to like many away tracks apart from Peterborough. If he gates he's ok ,if he doesn't its woeful.

Seems like most Scunny riders apart from Douglas and a lesser extent Kennedy don’t like away tracks, Leicester could have put the Cubs side out and probably still have won.

17 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Leicester is my top for the league as I can't see them scoring less than 50 points at home every meeting as there just to strong & I hope the diamonds can get at least 35 next Saturday but it's a big ask going off Leicester's last to results... But you never know

Didn't realise Newcastle were next to go to Leicester! Another 60+ score next week is likely!

25 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Didn't realise Newcastle were next to go to Leicester! Another 60+ score next week is likely!

Yes another big pay packet to come out of the Leicester finances

12 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Yes another big pay packet to come out of the Leicester finances

Well, they're going to need a lot more there than there was last night... i thought the crowd was a little disappointing

Scunny's gating was a in the main a match for the home team. Hence there was quite  a lot of passing by the home septet which meant it was more enjoyable than the score suggests.

At this very early stage it looks like the usual suspects at the top of the league again.  

The cold weather probably hit the attendance as much as Scunny's previous recent scores here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Well, they're going to need a lot more there than there was last night... i thought the crowd was a little disappointing

The people like a close meeting. Some fans won't go if they think it is going to be one sided. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

The people like a close meeting. Some fans won't go if they think it is going to be one sided. 

But lots of fans only support a winning team. Cannot win (excuse the pun).

1 minute ago, JCookie said:

But lots of fans only support a winning team. Cannot win (excuse the pun).

True, some people prefer it if they think there is a high chance they are going to win. But obviously not Leicester fans if the crowd was low! ;) Also meetings against Glasgow, Poole and Redcar etc will have higher attendance as less predictable. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

What?

No! No! No!

When did that attitude start?

Winning at all costs has to be the mantra. ...

There are massive competitions out there to be won, which deliver untold rewards...

Three Div One Heat leaders is the minimum requirement for any self respecting Div Two team...

And if some clubs cannot achieve that then tough, they all have the same points limit...

Although reaching somewhere near that points limit might be difficult without Div One heat leaders, I would imagine, so maybe a tiny flaw in the cunning plan there, but anyway, enough of this "bolshy talk"...

Hammering the (far too many), also rans has to be the target....

So some can rejoice in so many famous victories by massive margins...

Happiness used to be 40-38...

Now it's 60-30....:D

Are you going to let the Promoters know the fans want to see close matches?

If so, break it to them gently as it will obviously come as a monumentally huge shock to some.......:rolleyes:;)

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Yeah ya probably spot on but let's hope young granty & the rest of the promotion can fire the lads up 

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

What?

No! No! No!

When did that attitude start?

Winning at all costs has to be the mantra. ...

There are massive competitions out there to be won, which deliver untold rewards...

Three Div One Heat leaders is the minimum requirement for any self respecting Div Two team...

And if some clubs cannot achieve that then tough, they all have the same points limit...

Although reaching somewhere near that points limit might be difficult without Div One heat leaders, I would imagine, so maybe a tiny flaw in the cunning plan there, but anyway, enough of this "bolshy talk"...

Hammering the (far too many), also rans has to be the target....

So some can rejoice in so many famous victories by massive margins...

Happiness used to be 40-38...

Now it's 60-30....:D

Are you going to let the Promoters know the fans want to see close matches?

If so, break it to them gently as it will obviously come as a monumentally huge shock to some.......:rolleyes:;)

Haven't laughed at a post (in a good way) for ages! Those three parts particularly made me chuckle.:D