British Speedway Forum

Does anyone know what the race format for this will be? I am not aware of any 6 team pairs race format? Perhaps the home team will field their 3rd and 4th in the averages also to make 7 teams? And then it would be like the SON format.

Sorry if this question has been asked already, but I cannot seem to find it anywhere if it has?

Many thanks :)

Polish fans don't seem to care much about these pairs/riders championship competitions. These sort of line up would get a far bigger crowd in the UK.

36 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Does anyone know what the race format for this will be? I am not aware of any 6 team pairs race format? Perhaps the home team will field their 3rd and 4th in the averages also to make 7 teams? And then it would be like the SON format.

Sorry if this question has been asked already, but I cannot seem to find it anywhere if it has?

What difference does the number of pairs make? Its just ride every other pair once surely!!

Semi and final if desired

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

What difference does the number of pairs make? Its just ride every other pair once surely!!

Semi and final if desired

Exactly.    6 teams racing each other once is  6 x 5 / 2 = 15 heats.   That would be perfectly fair, although they're bound to want to add a semi and a final 

Don't understand why the OP would want to add a seventh team.  That would need 7 x 6 / 2 = 21 heats before the semi and final, which would be too long.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

If there was a second home pair, would they be "under instructions" to lose 7 2 against the first home pair?

On 4/3/2022 at 4:03 PM, PotteringAround said:

Exactly.    6 teams racing each other once is  6 x 5 / 2 = 15 heats.   That would be perfectly fair, although they're bound to want to add a semi and a final 

Don't understand why the OP would want to add a seventh team.  That would need 7 x 6 / 2 = 21 heats before the semi and final, which would be too long.

I'm just not  aware of a 6 team pairs meeting format ever taking place? So I don't know how it would be ran... I'm guessing that there will be a new race format created, which is what I'm asking...

I believe it will be:-

15 Heats. Top scorer direct to Final. 2nd v 3rd in S/F. Winner to Final.

4, 3, 2, 0 Race points.

Championship points: 

1st 15 points, 2nd 10, 3rd 7, 4th 5, 5th 3, 6th 1.

Edited by Gambo

6 team pair format would surely be fairer than the traditional 7 team pair format.  The pair drawn in position 7 in the traditional format are always at a huge disadvantage as in their first ride they're against a pair that have already had 4 racing laps to assess the track.  If the format is adhered to and the best two riders from each team compete at every event.  It's not often that you get to see Fricke v Doyle @ EoESg or Harris v King @ Monmore.

Sadly I suspect the top riders from each time will often have a a stubbed toe in Poland and the likes of Worrall, Wright & Heeps will appear more often than Fricke, Doyle & Holder.

The only issue is do the home fans turn up, to see so many heats when their riders are not involved?

14 hours ago, Gambo said:

I believe it will be:-

15 Heats. Top scorer direct to Final. 2nd v 3rd in S/F. Winner to Final.

4, 3, 2, 0 Race points.

Championship points: 

1st 15 points, 2nd 10, 3rd 7, 4th 5, 5th 3, 6th 1.

If you don’t know no one else does :)

image.thumb.png.0ebb32709356f207513f9e1d7787cca1.png

I've tried to put some sort of race format together for this competition, it's not perfect, anyone got any input?

Edit: Please ignore Sheffield and Wolverhampton's bye pass to the semis and finals :D I'm guessing there will be a semi and a final.... Always is...

Edited by Diamonds85

Apologies - tried to post race card and failed. See next post

Edited by Wee Eck
  • Like 1

The format is shown in the SCB regulations: SR 16.6.1 (page 147). The whole rule book can be viewed on the SCB website. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

The format is shown in the SCB regulations: SR 16.6.1 (page 147). The whole rule book can be viewed on the SCB website. 

Wonderful thanks, I wish I knew this earlier :oops:

On 4/9/2022 at 9:11 PM, Wee Eck said:

I totally agree! :drink: