British Speedway Forum

Format is in the 2022 rule book

15 heats plus Semi Final and then Final

On 4/12/2022 at 3:26 PM, iainb said:

You would hope that the promoters would promote this event as some kind of competition worth winning... rather than just a fixture filler

They don't even promote the League as a competition worth winning - it's not sponsored so, as far as we know, there's no prize money.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 1

If any King's Lynn supporters intend travelling to the East of England Arena next Monday (23/5) for the Premiership Pairs, please be aware that from 8.00pm until the next morning the A47 is closed completely from Guyhirn onwards for 12-nights commencing last night (16/5), so you'll have to return home on the snail route with all its speed cameras through Whittlesey. 

29 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

If any King's Lynn supporters intend travelling to the East of England Arena next Monday (23/5) for the Premiership Pairs, please be aware that from 8.00pm until the next morning the A47 is closed completely from Guyhirn onwards for 12-nights commencing last night (16/5), so you'll have to return home on the snail route with all its speed cameras through Whittlesey. 

Oh great .......

I'm looking forward to this, great that we have 3 in the local vicinity, may even buy the streaming too so I can watch the meetings back, for 3 streams, that I may not go to, it works out at £15.33 each.  Bit annoyed that BV have the last round :(

On 4/11/2022 at 12:24 PM, jenga said:

what if you dont buy a programme . whats the format then ?:blink:

That's ya luck, perhaps just save £3 up?

Heat formula is in this years regulations, which is available to download free on the SCB website

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

In the 2022 Regulations under Section 016 Race Formats, and an amendment for the Pairs has also been published:

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/regulations

Do the regulations cover off how many teams Bomber can ride for per night in the Pairs?  ;):D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Do the regulations cover off how many teams Bomber can ride for per night in the Pairs?  ;):D

I suspect that Peterborough could be stopped from using him as the integrity of the sport must be upheld! ;):D

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Trees said:

I'm looking forward to this, great that we have 3 in the local vicinity, may even buy the streaming too so I can watch the meetings back, for 3 streams, that I may not go to, it works out at £15.33 each.  Bit annoyed that BV have the last round :(

I think they have missed a trick with the streaming, they needed to get everyone on board by knocking it out cheaply the first year and then increasing it when a lot of people are using it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

I get he's self employed but it is a bit mad how many meetings he's riding

Good to see the BSPL website giving details on the Premiership Pairs. In the write up it says that each team must have a Rising Star as their third rider and the RS must take at least one ride but then the list of who is riding for each team only gives the names of the top two riders and fails to say who the RS is! Now I know we all know who the RS is on each team but why leave their names out of the write up?

• Like 1

4 premiership only riders the rest championship says alot about the sport these days :cry: