British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

I get he's self employed but it is a bit mad how many meetings he's riding

But is he riding that many more than a rider who rides overseas in many different countries as well as the UK ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

Good to see the BSPL website giving details on the Premiership Pairs. In the write up it says that each team must have a Rising Star as their third rider and the RS must take at least one ride but then the list of who is riding for each team only gives the names of the top two riders and fails to say who the RS is! Now I know we all know who the RS is on each team but why leave their names out of the write up?

It is Danyon Hume for Ipswich in the first event. Rowe must still be out of action.

9 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

It is Danyon Hume for Ipswich in the first event. Rowe must still be out of action.

Someone has already quoted that Rowe rode last night in Poland.So Ipswich must have dropped him for now.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

But is he riding that many more than a rider who rides overseas in many different countries as well as the UK ?

http://www.speedwayplus.com/2019Rankings5.shtml for the 2019 figures, as you will see pre covid UK based riders dominated.

For 2021 (note: the fractions come from 5 and 6 rider races counted as 1.33/1.67 rides, some minor competitions are excluded so figures are not 100% complete)

It is noticeable that while UK riders still feature heavily in this table they are less dominant than pre covid/brexit times.

rides
1 Ryan Douglas Australia 337.67
2 Sam Masters Australia 329
3 Chris Harris Gt Britain 310
4 Timo Lahti Finland 308.67
5 Bjarne Pedersen Denmark 295
6 Luke Becker USA 294.33
7 Adam Ellis  Gt Britain 293.67
8 Jason Doyle  Australia 285.67
9 Dan Bewley  Gt Britain 283.67
10 Maciej Janowski  Poland 278
11 Andrzej Lebedevs Latvia 270
12 Kai Huckenbeck  Germany 264
13 Steven Worrall  Gt Britain 263
14 Broc Nicol  USA 263
15 Wiktor Lampart Poland 258
16 Leon Flint Gt Britain 256.33
17 Rasmus Jensen  Denmark 256
18 Max Fricke Australia 255.67
19 Danny King  Gt Britain 255
20 Nick Morris  Australia 254.67

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

Good to see the BSPL website giving details on the Premiership Pairs. In the write up it says that each team must have a Rising Star as their third rider and the RS must take at least one ride but then the list of who is riding for each team only gives the names of the top two riders and fails to say who the RS is! Now I know we all know who the RS is on each team but why leave their names out of the write up?

You only have to name any two from the top four in the averages for the particular month the pairs takes place.As seen only two teams have named their actual top two in the averages for this one at Peterborough.Maybe Iversen and Zagar have been given time off from their clubs for this as i would have fully expected Iversen to be riding for Lynn.

8 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Someone has already quoted that Rowe rode last night in Poland.So Ipswich must have dropped him for now.

or Rowe has dropped Ipswich

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikebv said:

Do the regulations cover off how many teams Bomber can ride for per night in the Pairs?  ;):D

I believe it is limited to just 6, but may increase next year if Swindon re join the Premiership.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I think they have missed a trick with the streaming, they needed to get everyone on board by knocking it out cheaply the first year and then increasing it when a lot of people are using it.

£49 for 6 meetings is pretty good isn't it? £8 a meeting?

3 minutes ago, Trees said:

Personally I will be attending my home leg anyway as I should think will a lot of supporters from the other Premiership teams attending theirs.

I don’t know what the individual events are but I still think it could have been more competitively priced (to start with) this is a new venture for U.K. speedway and could be a lifesaver for the sport.

5 hours ago, Trees said:

Or £1.50 per person ;):D

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

But he hasn’t been riding for his championship club either. 

He asked to leave Leicester from what I hear. Assume he may have done same with Ipswich 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

He asked to leave Leicester from what I hear. Assume he may have done same with Ipswich 

all eggs in one basket, i.e Poland

22 hours ago, Flappy said:

I get he's self employed but it is a bit mad how many meetings he's riding

I think you'll find that in half of Bomber's guest bookings he's actually guesting for Rory Schlein :lol:

• Haha 1

Personally, I am disappointed about the rising star one ride minimum rule. Was hoping this would be contested by just the best two only. 

Presume it also adds to the expense, as 18 riders needed.