British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

They rode well as a team imo.Where as most of the others didn't.

Not sure if the scores were said correctly they may have been,but it is 1st 12pts,2nd 8pts,3rd 6pts,4th 4pts,5th 2pts and 6th 0pts

Well Peterborough are used to zero points! They are like a past UK Eurovision entry :o

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Well Peterborough are used to zero points! They are like a past UK Eurovision entry :o

May even end up with 0 points in the league table this season as well at this rate tbh.

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Thats nearly as funny as someone saying the championship is a competitive league contested by all 11 teams 

• Haha 1

In all honestly Lynn more than deserved that, constantly looking for eachother and Pickerings never say die attitude. Track was marginally better than previous weeks due too the tractors not coming out and keeping the grip on the inside all night…. There was an actual outside line. 

Panthers overall were pretty poor tbh, too come last at your home track isn’t a good start at all… personally think something is up this season amongst team/management and so on 

49 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Is it any different to last year?Apart from Peterborough are losing.

That doesn't help but the Racing is just not as good.

28 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Holder needs to stop the finger wagging when he crosses the line first or else someone's going to aim for his bad toe!!

He's a prick.. always had a chip on his shoulder..

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TTT said:

May even end up with 0 points in the league table this season as well at this rate tbh.

Behave.

35 minutes ago, tellboy said:

They rode well as a team imo.Where as most of the others didn't.

Not sure if the scores were said correctly they may have been,but it is 1st 12pts,2nd 8pts,3rd 6pts,4th 4pts,5th 2pts and 6th 0pts

Exactly, and particularly Mr Doyle. Danny King was in a decent position at least a couple of times and with a bit of team riding would have scored more than 2 points!

• Like 1

Deserved victory for Lynn. Must be concerns over Panthers.  Looked  poor crowd and possible financial disaster.  For a so called prestige meeting  only managed to get one catering facility on site.

5 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Deserved victory for Lynn. Must be concerns over Panthers.  Looked  poor crowd and possible financial disaster.  For a so called prestige meeting  only managed to get one catering facility on site.

Same for the grand final last year.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Just goes to show what a lottery calling meetings off based on a weather is. 90 minutes before start time it was forecast 80% chance of heavy rain from 8pm, its now 9pm and still dry... thank goodness!

Meeting came alive in the end, it's a shame that many of the riders opted not to come round and wave at those of us that are here

It was raining slightly from about 8.30pm but it didn’t affect anything

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Behave.

I am. We're that bad. It's blatantly obvious already losing by double figures in every league meeting and now tonight where our top two riders finished stone last on their home track.

Don't know how it came across on the stream but watching it live, it was a good meeting which got better as the racing developed.  As the promotion were keen to get it finished early and I was texting updates I didn't get chance to go to the toilet until the gap between heats 10 & 11 when the announcer was interviewing Fricke, I was regretting the refillable soft drink at the Harvester long before then!

First comment is that it is nice to park on tarmac rather than a muddy field - 1 improvement on last year, I'd say the crowd was slightly down compared to the twice I visited the EoESg last year.

The only rising stars that looked competitive in this company were Brennan & Thomas, guessing Lemon thought Douglas may have issues swapping to his second bike - mentioned by Masters when interviewed so took a punt using Brennan.  In fairness Douglas & Masters gave up chasing Fricke and team rode Brennan out of it toward the end of that heat.  Thomas kept Kurtz honest for a few laps.

Gate 4 appeared to have a big advantage at the start which disappeared by the end.

Without doubt the best ride of the night was MPT passing both Witches in heat 7, other than that Panthers were disappointing - the couple of times Harris gated a queue formed behind him, but I only recall Holder passing him, it was obvious Holder was way quicker throughout, Harris only got in front from the gate by grass tracking to push Holder wide.

King was the slowest non RS on show, when he did make the gate and he did a few times he went backwards.

IMO Fricke was the quickest rider on the night, with Holder & Doyle not far behind, think Belle Vue made a mistake choosing gate 4 in the semi, advantage had gone.  Kings Lynn probably deserved to win, best pairing overall and their 7-2 over their local rivals was the best heat.  I had moved from start/finish straight stand to first bend so I didn't get stuck on car park for final, Lawson was obviously looking what was going on behind him throughout, because of fence & no elevation couldn't see if Ellis clipped him entering the last lap but it looked like he did.

Other than that Ellis was largely anonymous!  Sheffield got to final without me really noticing him.  Similar story for Kurtz, who is proving rather an inconsistent enigma, the only thing I remember him doing of note was making a mistake that allowed Ellis to pass him, nothing like peerless previous visit to Alwalton.

Wolves seemed to start strong, Masters looked good, Douglas looked slow.  Douglas swapped bikes and was much quicker, but Masters faded as the dirt went wide, yet he was the first rider to sweeping outside pass overcoming in Lawson heat 6.

Nearly a month until the next round at Foxhall!  Lets hope Peterborough don't declare their top 4 unavailable and go with three RS riders.  I can se some iffy pairings towards the end of this from the teams out of contention - the only negative comment, for now.

Edited by Col
  • Like 2