British Speedway Forum

Predictable Witches - King has a poor record in Heats 13 & 15 anyway, so four similar races in this meeting have proved he's not in any sort of form.

29 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Predictable Witches - King has a poor record in Heats 13 & 15 anyway, so four similar races in this meeting have proved he's not in any sort of form.

It wasnt so much that he got passed, but how he got passed so easily.. 

Up the inside, leaving a huge gap to come through with seemingly no thought to move over to the kerb, even though he had plenty of room to do so, which would have blocked the run of the rider(s) behind...

Until he was behind that is, whereby he then rode the inside line for the rest of the race..

Reading the Ipswich thread it seems quite a common occurrence this season, ie chasing dirt that isnt there and getting passed up the inside....

Lost probably 8 points or so I would say from being passed whilst in "good" positions...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Redpanther said:

In all honestly Lynn more than deserved that, constantly looking for eachother and Pickerings never say die attitude. Track was marginally better than previous weeks due too the tractors not coming out and keeping the grip on the inside all night…. There was an actual outside line. 

Panthers overall were pretty poor tbh, too come last at your home track isn’t a good start at all… personally think something is up this season amongst team/management and so on 

To be fair to Bomber...

He probably didnt overtake some riders as he must have been a bit confused as to who his team mate on the night actually was.... :D

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Good job Doyle was there,,, or that could have been more than embarrassing 

Just a shame he didn’t realise it was a Pairs event, the only time Doyle looked for his partner was when he crossed the finishing line.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Panthers woes continue...and how is this format any good for these "rising stars"..all this way to ride in 1 race cold  against 2 top guys who have been dialed in all night...who's brainchild was that?

Said this last night, what chance do they have, they are already up against it, seems a fairly pointless exercise in bringing them in a later race, would make more sense too have too use them in the first outing so then at least everyone goes in cold rather than chucking them into the fire essentially 

10 hours ago, chrismorton said:

I wish they could find a way that it doesn't take 10 races for the track to generate a racing line...

Wouldn’t we all, not one tractor on the track from heat 1 onwards and the whole 17 races done in an hour and a half.

And to be fair the racing was pretty non existent for the first half and then some decent races in the later stages.

Lynn deserved the win, they rode as a pair, not many others did.

• Like 1

A non event which will have provoked  financial concerns. Well done Lynn and at least the organisers  got through the meeting speedily 

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Wouldn’t we all, not one tractor on the track from heat 1 onwards and the whole 17 races done in an hour and a half.

And to be fair the racing was pretty non existent for the first half and then some decent races in the later stages.

Lynn deserved the win, they rode as a pair, not many others did.

Why is that always done if there is rain in the air, surely if it rains on a slick, dry track it's too dangerous to carry on anyway? The racing that Peterborough should produce :(

Apart from that, well chuffed that our guys won the first round with some determined racing :D:D

Re the lack of fans, I sincerely hope money was made from the streaming. The weather put me off attending in person but I bought the streaming....

Edited by Trees

11 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Thats nearly as funny as someone saying the championship is a competitive league contested by all 11 teams 

I never said all but more than last season:t: But I'd still say my post is funnierB)

17 minutes ago, Trees said:

Why is that always done if there is rain in the air, surely if it rains on a slick, dry track it's too dangerous to carry on anyway? The racing that Peterborough should produce :(

Apart from that, well chuffed that our guys won the first round with some determined racing :D:D

Re the lack of fans, I sincerely hope money was made from the streaming. The weather put me off attending in person but I bought the streaming....

What was the streaming like, tempted to try it for the future meetings.

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Adam Ellis not happy on SM! 

I thought riders are constantly turning left at P'boro, it's essentially a circle :D

Difficult to comment without having seen it but very few gripes about it on here. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I thought riders are constantly turning left at P'boro, it's essentially a circle :D

Difficult to comment without having seen it but very few gripes about it on here. 

Quite right Bagpuss.You are pretty much turning left all the time at Alwalton.Ellis imo could have gone outside or inside but chose to take the same line as Lawson as he was on the quicker line.If the man in front of you is slower you have to take a different line to pass him surely.

57 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Adam Ellis not happy on SM! 

43 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So he should be!!

A victim of the scoring system requiring Lawson to manufacture a pass to avoid last as opposed to being encouraged to fight for the race win

Looking back as much as forwards for 2 laps acting as a rolling road block and then turning left at a slower speed was only ever gonna end one way....

Very lucky it wasnt a more serious incident - Ellis unlucky to be excluded IMO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tellboy said:

Quite right Bagpuss.You are pretty much turning left all the time at Alwalton.Ellis imo could have gone outside or inside but chose to take the same line as Lawson as he was on the quicker line.If the man in front of you is slower you have to take a different line to pass him surely.

He had taken a different line but Lawson then turned left onto it........