British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, tellboy said:

I think he was celebrating not getting clobbered by Doyle,as Holder pulled a locker like he does right in front him.Any lesser rider behind him and he wouldn't have even made it to the line.

Problem with Holder he thinks he is some kind of superstar now he's in the Gp's.Comes across very arrogant.

Always has done

• Like 1

Well, I enjoyed the meeting. It was a lot of gate and go but the racing improved towards the end.

That's the third meeting I've been to this season, and the third one with a long delay! Hoping for better luck at Kent on Sunday.

We left Wroxham at 17.45 and arrived just after 19.00 but the journey back was interesting as the A47 was closed so we ended up going everywhere somewhere and via Swaffham.

As a one off visit I couldn't really fault it.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, iainb said:

What a terrible race track King's Lynn has become these days

First two meetings this season were on much slicker tracks and guess what.....the racing was really good. That was April though, come the warmer weather they load the track with our horrible clay/shale and water it well to keep the dust down and riders can't get near each other. Like last night.

Doesn't make you want to spend £20 to get in next time really. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, iainb said:

What a terrible race track King's Lynn has become these days

It was poor early on,but the second half of the meeting it improved.The races between Sheffield and Lynn were very good races.Don't know whether they got it all on camera.

49 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

First two meetings this season were on much slicker tracks and guess what.....the racing was really good. That was April though, come the warmer weather they load the track with our horrible clay/shale and water it well to keep the dust down and riders can't get near each other. Like last night.

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It was poor early on,but the second half of the meeting it improved.The races between Sheffield and Lynn were very good races.Don't know whether they got it all on camera.

Yes, I'd say there were 3 genuinely good Speedway races... question is, is that enough for your £20 these days? especially when you factor in a 20-30 minute delay for the sunshine.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I watched via the live stream and have to say the racing was awful in the early heats it did improve towards the end of the meeting - we paid £42 for the last 5 pairs meetings on the live stream . Would be interesting to no how many subscribers there was last night - £20 last night admission  or £42 for 5 meetings that seems better value.

1 hour ago, Come on the Skipper said:

Well, I enjoyed the meeting. It was a lot of gate and go but the racing improved towards the end.

That's the third meeting I've been to this season, and the third one with a long delay! Hoping for better luck at Kent on Sunday.

We left Wroxham at 17.45 and arrived just after 19.00 but the journey back was interesting as the A47 was closed so we ended up going everywhere somewhere and via Swaffham.

As a one off visit I couldn't really fault it.

A47 can be a pain after 8pm. You land on road closures with no real prior warning if you aren't a regular user. Sounds like you found your way back to Swaffham like I did. G0d knows where I was! Suspect official diversion was nearly back to downham market then over to A11 - that's miles extra

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yes, I'd say there were 3 genuinely good Speedway races... question is, is that enough for your £20 these days? especially when you factor in a 20-30 minute delay for the sunshine.

What i don't really understand in speedway is,if you get some really good races,why aren't the other races the same?Same track,different outcomes.King's Lynn rode Sheffield in ht12 which was a very good race,next race it was Sheffield v Belle Vue which you would think would be good with Zagar and Fricke in the mix but it was the opposite.Same track/conditions totally different outcome,why?Can't particularly blame the track as proved in the race before.

16 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

A47 can be a pain after 8pm. You land on road closures with no real prior warning if you aren't a regular user. Sounds like you found your way back to Swaffham like I did. G0d knows where I was! Suspect official diversion was nearly back to downham market then over to A11 - that's miles extra

The A47 is a pain in the a?$e at the moment,roadworks all over the place on it.Had to go through Lynn last night to get home to Wisbech.

23 minutes ago, tellboy said:

What i don't really understand in speedway is,if you get some really good races,why aren't the other races the same?Same track,different outcomes.King's Lynn rode Sheffield in ht12 which was a very good race,next race it was Sheffield v Belle Vue which you would think would be good with Zagar and Fricke in the mix but it was the opposite.Same track/conditions totally different outcome,why?Can't particularly blame the track as proved in the race before.

For me... the track needs to be "right" from heat 1... what's the use in waiting for the track "coming to the riders" in heat 12, there's only a handful of races left and riders that had a difficult night up to that point have probably lost interest by then.

The track needs to be like it was in heat 12 from heat 1 and kept in a similar state to that all night

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I thought it was quite obvious last night that BV and Wolves have very little chance of winning the thing, they looked disinterested at times.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

For me... the track needs to be "right" from heat 1... what's the use in waiting for the track "coming to the riders" in heat 12, there's only a handful of races left and riders that had a difficult night up to that point have probably lost interest by then.

The track needs to be like it was in heat 12 from heat 1 and kept in a similar state to that all night

I think it's wishful thinking. The sport has never been like that. tracks have never provided perfect racing from heat 1 to heat 20, Not now, Not ever, not in the GPs, Not in Poland. And despite what we of a certain age would like to believe, certainly not ever in the past. The 60's 70's and 80's provided as many garbage tracks back then as we have today. and the racing wasn't over taking every race, despite what we might like to believe.

It's a lovely thought and it's something to strive for, but are our expectations for the sport too high?

Don't get me wrong. The track materials like the clay based shale is useless, but that is the best surface for the stock cars. Without the stock cars, at Lynn. There is no speedway, simple as that. One pays for the other

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the time for heat 11 last night please? Thanks in advance.

48 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I thought it was quite obvious last night that BV and Wolves have very little chance of winning the thing, they looked disinterested at times.

Wolves yes,but Belle Vue.Belle Vue were only 4pts behind the leaders overall in the competition a win and they would of been top or joint top at the very least.In this meeting they went into their last race against Sheffield 2pts up on them.A race win or a 2nd and 3rd would have seen them into the semi final.So if they should have been interested as they could have been leading the competition was it not for their last heat.So the lack of racing sometimes is at the feet of the riders and not the track all the time.