British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

What i don't really understand in speedway is,if you get some really good races,why aren't the other races the same?Same track,different outcomes.King's Lynn rode Sheffield in ht12 which was a very good race,next race it was Sheffield v Belle Vue which you would think would be good with Zagar and Fricke in the mix but it was the opposite.Same track/conditions totally different outcome,why?Can't particularly blame the track as proved in the race before.

A number of factors.  It isn't obviously just the track which affects the quality of racing (and that to me is not necessarily just passing) but the riders involved too.  In my view, the engine manufacturers and tuners are killing the sport because the bikes are so unpredictable on anything other than totally smooth slick tracks.  They'll be riding on concrete next :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

A number of factors.  It isn't obviously just the track which affects the quality of racing (and that to me is not necessarily just passing) but the riders involved too.  In my view, the engine manufacturers and tuners are killing the sport because the bikes are so unpredictable on anything other than totally smooth slick tracks.  They'll be riding on concrete next :D

I wonder if it's effort put in by the riders. Fricke and Zagar were disappointing. 

6 hours ago, Redpanther said:

Always has done

He looked round for his partner on the last bend didn't he?

2 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the time for heat 11 last night please? Thanks in advance.

I've checked on speedway updates and it's not there either so i don't think ref announced it.

3 hours ago, iainb said:

For me... the track needs to be "right" from heat 1... what's the use in waiting for the track "coming to the riders" in heat 12, there's only a handful of races left and riders that had a difficult night up to that point have probably lost interest by then.

The track needs to be like it was in heat 12 from heat 1 and kept in a similar state to that all night

So why not have a junior/development meeting before the main event?

16 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Hume for Doyle not King,,, typical Hawkins 

Thought that was a strange choice.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iainb said:

What's his form like abroad, do you know?

Rode like a novice last night.

17 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Another lynn sun delay. What a surprise 

Becoming the norm nowaday's unfortunately, i know rider safety is paramount but i don't remember it happening years ago.

The PA system in the main stand is garbage can hardly hear the announcer, been like it for years it,s time to sort it out PLEASE.

1 hour ago, TINYS said:

I've checked on speedway updates and it's not there either so i don't think ref announced it.

58.52 i did put on here this morning.

• Like 1

Just some of my thoughts on last night's meeting which I watched on the live stream:-

1. I think the overall coverage is very good. The presenters do a sound job and there were plenty of rider/manager interviews. Commentators made one or two errors but not a problem and overall very good.

2. Very easy to sign onto the stream and who would have thought three years ago that we would now be able to watch live meetings in the British Championship etc. Great innovation. 

3. I thought Belle Vue would have really kicked on in this tournament with top riders like Fricke, Kurtz and Zagar. Both BV riders were pretty disappointing last night and has Fricke stagnated to a degree?

4. Well done again to Jason Doyle. Always a pleasure to watch and an absolute credit to British Speedway. Always gives his all as he did again last night.

5. Bomber having a great season and another fantastic servant of British Speedway. Always great to watch.

6. Jack Holder and Adam Ellis very hit and miss. Holder can look great one minute and then pretty average the next.

7. Josh Pickering is another very entertaining rider and I can see him becoming the new Doyley in years to come. 

8. I thought the track seemed to ride OK but as others have said, it seems to have lost its reputation as being one of the best passing tracks in the country.

9. If the powers that be continue with this competition next year they need to have a big re-think as regards the inclusion (or not) of the rising stars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TINYS said:

The PA system in the main stand is garbage can hardly hear the announcer, been like it for years it,s time to sort it out PLEASE.

Waste of time asking, I asked Nathan Hollands several times and he said if it went any louder, some people complain its too loud.Its rubbish 

4 hours ago, TINYS said:

• Like 1