British Speedway Forum

11 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Chris Louis has changed the track, and banking as much as he can making alterations 4/5 times in the last few winters.

it’s unfair saying there was a “lack of preparation” it was clear to see how hard Chris and bob had been working all day to get moisture into the track and produce some grip, this week has been horrendous weather hotter and hotter with a drying wind every day. I work on a local golf course and it’s gone from green to toast in just a few days.

my question would be, if the material they currently use is just so so difficult to produce an outside line with when it’s so hot and dry, is there a better material that could be sourced to suit the climate and track here at Foxhall? 

I agree that the stock cars running all over it between meetings really don’t help.

I thought the track had been watered well but the riders still couldn't get enough drive round the outside, the inside line is too good?

8 minutes ago, Trees said:

I thought the track had been watered well but the riders still couldn't get enough drive round the outside, the inside line is too good?

It is at the moment, that’s undeniable. 

Apparently there's a Premiership Pairs at King's Lynn on Thursday, 7 July ... any interest from anyone? Including riders?

Line ups 

wolves 

masters and Morris RS

belle vue

zagar and fricke RS

ipswich

Doyle and king RS

lynn 

pickering and Lawson RS

Peterborough

harris and Hans RS 

sheffield

holder and Ellis RS

Good line up again. I’m surprised fans haven’t taken to this. Plenty of heat 13 and 15s which is what we all want to see 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Good line up again. I’m surprised fans haven’t taken to this. Plenty of heat 13 and 15s which is what we all want to see 

They are too busy posting on the Internet about how to save British speedway by having better line ups that will bring the crowds flocking back and the need for  more meetings other than league matches.

:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Yet another meaningless attempt to promote something no one cares about.

Instead of trying to preach on speedway forums, promoters need to get out into the real world to attract a new audience.

7 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

Yet another meaningless attempt to promote something no one cares about.

Instead of trying to preach on speedway forums, promoters need to get out into the real world to attract a new audience.

The problem with them in charge, they never read the room. 

It’s not all Godfrey fault but it would be a start to remove him 

• Like 1

Should be a better meeting at Lynn hopefully!

Why has this round been so poorly communicated?

Start of the week I was thinking of taking the day off work to attend if strong lineups had been announced and a bit of build up had been done to encourage me to go...yet nothing!

Gave up on the idea as it's a long way to travel at the moment and take time off work on the whim that the meeting *might* be a good one. From the lack of announcement I assumed the lineups were weak and stayed away.

Hope they get it right for the Sheffield round as that's another one I'm on the fence about going to!

Don't know why all the negativity on this. Watched first round on BSN, went to Ippo for second round, and will be at Lynn tomorrow.

It's a good concept, but as usual needs much better promotion to interest people outside the speedway circle.

The only thing that needs a bit more thought is use of the reserves

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Trees said:

Should be a better meeting at Lynn hopefully!

As long as its a bit slicker than a couple of weeks ago!

• Like 1

Its a shame Sheffield aren't giving Tobias Museilak a run out , him and Picko and Bomber are worth the admission on their own, chuck in doyley as well...