British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Not eligible

Has to be 2 of the top 4

That'll explain why then

11 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

A pairs event, and individual meetings come to that, don’t really interest me no matter who is riding. I just prefer team speedway that’s it really. 

I do prefer team speedway,but in a way this does involve your team as they are not riding for themselves individually.They are representing your team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I do prefer team speedway,but in a way this does involve your team as they are not riding for themselves individually.They are representing your team.

Sort of yeah, but still not for me. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

It'll be interesting to know how many people buy the BSN+ stream - definitely cheaper for away fans than travelling to Compost Corner.

I bought the streaming for all 6 meetings, went to Ipswich and obviously will go to Lynn, didn't go to Boro. Great to watch meetings back even if I go in person, won't be attending Wolves, Sheffield and BV (unless our boys are in for the title) ..... 

It's been a good, competative comp so far imo ......

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

A pairs event, and individual meetings come to that, don’t really interest me no matter who is riding. I just prefer team speedway that’s it really. 

11 hours ago, tellboy said:

It surprises me these days that people say they don't like individual meetings as much as team meetings, team meetings made up of individuals that ride for a host of other teams not only abroad but also in this country... each to their own though

I see the admission price for the pairs is £12.99 that's fantastic as surely no one would want to pay £13.00!

• Haha 2

Anyone seen a race card or the riding order for this published yet?

10 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I see the admission price for the pairs is £12.99 that's fantastic as surely no one would want to pay £13.00!

I presume you're referring to the cost of buying the BSN stream, which is £12.99?  (You're not referring to the admission price of attending the meeting - £20 I think )

If so, I don't see a problem.  It's paid by card and it's pretty common in retail to end prices in 99p to look psychologically cheaper.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iainb said:

It surprises me these days that people say they don't like individual meetings as much as team meetings, team meetings made up of individuals that ride for a host of other teams not only abroad but also in this country... each to their own though

If there is to be any future for competitive speedway in UK, it will be via a team structure and competition(s) imo.

16 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

I presume you're referring to the cost of buying the BSN stream, which is £12.99?  (You're not referring to the admission price of attending the meeting - £20 I think )

If so, I don't see a problem.  It's paid by card and it's pretty common in retail to end prices in 99p to look psychologically cheaper.  

Absolutely spot on re the prices ending 99p .I find it amusing at the moment with being a delivery driver(local).I must have passed about 20-25 different garages from Ely,Littleport,Chatteris,March,WisbechLong Sutton plus Holbeach and all the surrounding area and all the diesel prices are set at 199.9p.I don't think any particular garage wants to be the first to go over £2 as they know psychologically that people are likely to go elsewhere.I did see one though at 202.9p that was in Holbeach Drove i think.

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If there is to be any future for competitive speedway in UK, it will be via a team structure and competition(s) imo.

Personally I see things the other way around... At the current rate I can see Speedway becoming more like a Grasstrack setup in the future with individual meetings being held up and down the country. Like stock cars

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

Personally I see things the other way around... At the current rate I can see Speedway becoming more like a Grasstrack setup in the future with individual meetings being held up and down the country. Like stock cars

I actually prefer individual meetings but I get the impression I am in a tiny minority of speedway fans there, so I wonder if that would be financially viable.   Would tracks get the attendance needed to cover their costs, which based on the figures I have seen posted for stadium lease are still going to be high, even on a revised format

21 minutes ago, Fina said:

I actually prefer individual meetings but I get the impression I am in a tiny minority of speedway fans there, so I wonder if that would be financially viable.   Would tracks get the attendance needed to cover their costs, which based on the figures I have seen posted for stadium lease are still going to be high, even on a revised format

No I don't think they would get the attendances personally. Look at playoff finals when your 'team' must win. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No I don't think they would get the attendances personally. Look at playoff finals when your 'team' must win. 

yes... where do all those extra people come from that have been missing all season?

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

yes... where do all those extra people come from that have been missing all season?

Apart from die hard fans (I don't mean the film!) A lot of fans pick and choose meetings so spread out at different meetings during the season. But obviously they all choose to attend the playoffs! 

• Like 3