British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

BERWICK v OXFORD (NDL) Saturday, April 9th (7pm)

3 hours ago, Technik said:

I'd be willing to bet Berwick top 60.

I think Oxford are carrying to much baggage.

Hope you are not a gambler.

What was there a decent crowd ?

8 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

What was there a decent crowd ?

I’d estimate 200-300. It was freezing and there’s a double header next week. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hilly said:

A good effort from the Chargers, faller whilst leading and Jenkins coming down in heat 15, could have been much closer. Still got Killeen to come in as well. Very promising, especially after the Bullets away win last night. 

Was some misfortune on both sides with Berwick losing points from Piper's fall and Douglas appearing to lose power and rerun with Buckley miles in front after passing in heat 6.

Wouldn't class Jenkins coming down in heat 15 as lost points as he t-boned Kyle causing a major crash.

Take it there is no tactical's in the national League?

No was mentioned tonight 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Normski said:

No was mentioned tonight 

I said to the person next to me about Jenkins having an extra ride and he said he doesn't think he can.

Must have announced when I was at the toilet.

6 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

I said to the person next to me about Jenkins having an extra ride and he said he doesn't think he can.

Must have announced when I was at the toilet.

Aye was mentioned no Tac Subs in NDL

I don't see why everyone underestimates this Oxford side, especially once Killeen is here... 4 heatleaders, Jacob Clouting is only going to get better with age and Aaran Butcher isn't an awful junior reserve... If Luke turns out to be a hidden gem, I see them as one of the better sides in the league.

Belle Vue is still my bets as champions though...

• Like 1

Decent enough meeting , with some good racing on what was a pretty  night so thankfully there wasn't too many delays . The Bullets look like they'll be pretty decent at home . Oxford have a couple of decent riders in their line up and could be a match for most teams 

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I don't see why everyone underestimates this Oxford side, especially once Killeen is here... 4 heatleaders, Jacob Clouting is only going to get better with age and Aaran Butcher isn't an awful junior reserve... If Luke turns out to be a hidden gem, I see them as one of the better sides in the league.

Belle Vue is still my bets as champions though...

Exactly both teams should make the play-offs tbf. 

11 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Hope you are not a gambler.

The evidence is clear I'm not a good one!

I look at the Oxford side & believe it has been put together at short notice with some riders that other clubs didn't want to use. I hope I'm wrong but I still feel they are not as strong as their points show. 

• Haha 1

The Oxford side is an odd mixture. Hagon and Killeen could be two of the hotter young talents but i have serious question marks over both. Clouting and Butcher have been slow and steady the past few years whilst Stoneman and Hopwood are the opposite fast but crash prone. Looks a team that will have strong days and self destruct days too.

12 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The Oxford side is an odd mixture. Hagon and Killeen could be two of the hotter young talents but i have serious question marks over both. Clouting and Butcher have been slow and steady the past few years whilst Stoneman and Hopwood are the opposite fast but crash prone. Looks a team that will have strong days and self destruct days too.

Isn’t that what the NDL is supposed to be about ? To give riders a chance to develop ? You shouldn’t expect higher standards in the lower league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Isn’t that what the NDL is supposed to be about?.....

That's exactly right. It's a development league that gives riders track time in a competitive environment.

Jason Crump was the guest speaker at the Nuneaton Speedway Supporters Club last Thursday and he said that British Speedway has the best strength in depth that it's had for many years.
Click here

killeen will be good and won’t be at reserve for long i have  seen him practice  a couple times (his brother Luke is pretty good also can see him getting a team spot soon if equipment there  ) , Sam  hagon struggled in his first 2 rides last night then changed bikes different rider after, chargers and bullets will both be in the play offs as long as no major injuries or number 1s riders getting a premier spot as there no  good heat leaders left 

• Like 1