British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

BERWICK v OXFORD (NDL) Saturday, April 9th (7pm)

This Saturday has Berwick Bullets taking centre stage in their first stand-alone match of the new season.

Hopefully the Berwick public -- very enthusiastic at Bullets' matches last term -- will continue to support the NDL side.

The line-ups (not in riding order) are expected to be:

GHT Bullets:   Kyle Bickley, Luke Crang, Greg Blair, Ben Rathbone, Ace Pijper, Mason Watson & Kieran Douglas.

Chargers:  Ben Hopwood, Jordan Jenkins, Sam Hagon, Luke Killeen, Arran Butcher, Nathan Stoneman & Jacob Clouting.

In addition to cash at the turnstiles, the usual e-tickets are on sale -- £10 across the board -- from the usual site:  https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets/

• Like 1

And there's more!

MATCH SPONSORSHIP!
If you would like to enjoy the GHT Bullets' first match of the season against the brand-new Oxford Chargers from the sponsors' box at Shielfield Park this Saturday, please don’t hesitate to drop us an email at club@berwickspeedway.com

The match sponsorship package is priced at £400 for Bullets matches and you will receive the following experience 

Admission and Hospitality for 10 guests (additional guests are welcome and priced at £40 per head & £10 for kids. Maximum of 40 guests)
Match sponsorship announcements throughout the event
Programme advert and accreditation
Pre match pit walk
Group Photo with a rider
Match day magazine
Unlimited drinks
Buffet & Desserts
Watch a race from the infield (optional)
Rider of the night choice and presentation
Meet the riders

Interesting looking match up and whilst one fixture doesn't make a season it does offer a decent indication. The Oxford side look good on paper with the reduced averages of the returnees Whilst the Bullets have plenty of home track knowledge and a couple of bargains in Crang and Blair. I think it should go to the home side but by just how much will depend upon luck and if Killeen gets his passport in time.

Saturday weather forecast offers a dry day, if not warm.  But it is Berwick!

Teams are -- on paper -- pretty evenly matched, could be an NDL classic!

9 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Saturday weather forecast offers a dry day, if not warm.  But it is Berwick!

What an easy home win.

• Like 1

Jordan Jenkins will be the real thorn to worry about tomorrow but I do believe we will otherwise be too strong for Oxford. 

I’ll say 51-39 to the Bullets! 

20 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Jordan Jenkins will be the real thorn to worry about tomorrow but I do believe we will otherwise be too strong for Oxford. 

I’ll say 51-39 to the Bullets! 

56-34 

Late change for the Chargers.   Sam Woods replaces Luke Killeen, who is awaiting issue of his UK passport.

Bullets will enter this one cock-a-hoop, following tonight's big win, featuring a dream debut for 15-year-old Ace Pijper, at Armadale.

9 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Late change for the Chargers.   Sam Woods replaces Luke Killeen, who is awaiting issue of his UK passport.

Bullets will enter this one cock-a-hoop, following tonight's big win, featuring a dream debut for 15-year-old Ace Pijper, at Armadale.

That guarantees the home win tbh. It’s a shame as I was looking forward to how Killeen would do so hopefully his debut isn’t delayed too long with the other riders getting upto speed quicker. 

Weather is AOK this morning and set to stay that way. After last nights away win up at Armadale the home side should have enough to see off Oxford but a score line to something similar to what we saw last week with our Championship team against Birmingham.

I'd be willing to bet Berwick top 60.

I think Oxford are carrying to much baggage.

On 4/7/2022 at 10:54 PM, crescent girl said:

:blink:

Evenly matched???          Should be a very big home win.

A good effort from the Chargers, faller whilst leading and Jenkins coming down in heat 15, could have been much closer. Still got Killeen to come in as well. Very promising, especially after the Bullets away win last night. 

• Like 1