British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich. League Cup 7/4/22

12 hours ago, stu219 said:

What’s with these fuel shortages? No problems at all here as far as I know. Maybe Norfolk different?

No fuel in Lynn Buster went first thing and bought the lot for his tractors.

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Sorry but that does sound a bit lame to me. I'd be saying the same thing if my club did it. They do realise England is generally cold and wet in March, April, Oct. So really season May- Sept? But that never happens cos of fixture back log.

So why didn't Poole rain off yesterday with 80% chance of heavy showers. Not light but heavy and they didn't even materialise!! It was really windy last night too but crowd wasn't too bad I thought. If you use that comparison it does look a bit ridiculous. 

Again, don't disagree and I'm making the assumption that it's a financial thing. Maybe Poole aren't so worried about crowd levels being hot by forecasts because you are running at a cheaper level? Maybe you are less affected anyway as people travel less far? 

You are right, fixtures will end up being crammed in, it happens every year in both leagues.

• Like 2

Good call in my view. Attedance would have poor. I had this one marked down to attend but I would not have put a wheel on the M11 with the forecast as it is.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

I can never follow that logic I'm afraid. You will save £70 tomorrow. Why not just put that aside for the new date?

I see what your saying Sid. I went for the short answer in my earlier post. i'll try and explain.

My disposable income looks likely to be less this year, as things are going up all over the place. Our heating oil has doubled since last year for example.. Now £1000 to fill it at the moment, also fuel etc..

With there being 3 more meetings this season at the AFA than last, making it 15, i have agreed to attend 10, if things stay as they are now. I'm hoping to squeeze another one in at then end of the season if we get a play off place. We shall see on that one;).

So with most meetings spread out , i'll probably miss one of the 2 within 4 days of each other now, as they are so close together, where as i would normally do Ippo and Boro, i may miss one of them now. if i was going to all the meetings, i would agree  with your comment:t:. But as things stand i can't.  

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

Now 80% and 90% chance of rain in Lynn before 7pm.... its starting to look like they might have got this spot on.

• Like 3

7 miles from track. It's been blowing a gale here all morning, and has just started to rain lightly (12.30 pm).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Again, don't disagree and I'm making the assumption that it's a financial thing. Maybe Poole aren't so worried about crowd levels being hot by forecasts because you are running at a cheaper level? Maybe you are less affected anyway as people travel less far? 

You are right, fixtures will end up being crammed in, it happens every year in both leagues.

Poole finished up by watering their track last night. But people I know that were there, said it was so cold, it took the shine of what was a good race meeting, despite the score.

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

So let's hope for a dry summer otherwise you will have a backlog of meetings to run at the end of the season which won't be called off early. 

Or even run into November

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't disagree at all, I'm just looking at it from their point of view. It's already cold, windy and a bit showery,

Showers in April... who would have thunk it?

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Now 80% and 90% chance of rain in Lynn before 7pm.... its starting to look like they might have got this spot on.

They did, Dale has posted pictures on Facebook, the tracks under water

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was about to phone Minors & Brady to come out and value my house to sell.  As it’s forecast for  rain I’ve gone with Stobart & Hurrell.:rofl::D

Edited by semion

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

This is one of the reasons i am peed of with the decision to postpone over 24hrs before the match was due to take place.The forecast wasn't too bad yesterday,but as we all know come the day the forecast can be totally different.As you have stated the forecast has changed to 80/90% chance of rain showers.Who knows,the forecast could quite easily have been the other way round this morning and say 10/20% chance of rain.I'm all for calling early,but the day before don't sit right with me,unless of course they had days of rain beforehand that is then understandable.

Incidentally i am 9 miles away as the crow flies and we have had a few very light showers,and 1 heavy-ish one but it is bone dry here.So i think they have got very lucky with the call off at the moment.That is the nature of showers i suppose.

For the first time since i have been driving(36 years)i may choose to miss the re-staging as i can't keep throwing money away like i do for my love of speedway.I have missed meeting's before but not through choice.I have even come straight from hospital on 2 occasions to watch the Stars.I certainly won't be doing that anymore.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

IMG-20220407-WA0001.jpg

Get Mr Bald Bloke there and tell him it's beer, the track would be raceable in under an hour...:)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Get Mr Bald Bloke there and tell him it's beer, the track would be raceable in under an hour...:)

Now now Blu. no need for that;). But  I don't mind a bit of tractor racing  during an meeting :drink:. That's not me btw:D

Heist Brewery - ❗HEY YOU❗ #DaylightSavingsTime is tomorrow so this serves  as your official reminder to make sure your clock is set an hour ahead so  you make it to brunch. | Facebook

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I see what your saying Sid. I went for the short answer in my earlier post. i'll try and explain.

My disposable income looks likely to be less this year, as things are going up all over the place. Our heating oil has doubled since last year for example.. Now £1000 to fill it at the moment, also fuel etc..

With there being 3 more meetings this season at the AFA than last, making it 15, i have agreed to attend 10, if things stay as they are now. I'm hoping to squeeze another one in at then end of the season if we get a play off place. We shall see on that one;).

So with most meetings spread out , i'll probably miss one of the 2 within 4 days of each other now, as they are so close together, where as i would normally do Ippo and Boro, i may miss one of them now. if i was going to all the meetings, i would agree  with your comment:t:. But as things stand i can't.  

I understand now. That makes perfect sense

• Like 1