British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich. League Cup 7/4/22

16 minutes ago, tellboy said:

But now the re-arrangement is 4 days after the one on the 21st,this too will put fans off imo.

I doubt if i'll go to both that close together. With getting in, my beer and paying my son to drop me off and p[ick me up costs me 70 quid a meeting. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I doubt if i'll go to both that close together. With getting in, my beer and paying my son to drop me off and p[ick me up costs me 70 quid a meeting. 

Grief, how much is the beer at Lynn...:o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Is the weather forecast really bad?

I mean sometimes heavy showers were forecast for Poole today but they didn't call it off early, which is good cos hasn't really happened!

It's pathetic,Hope it's a scorcher tomorrow.

• Like 1

I mean sometimes heavy showers were forecast for Poole today but they didn't call it off early, which is good cos hasn't really happened!

Well from the forcast a 50% chance of rain

I honestly thought that this season was going to be the turning point for Kings Lynn speedway club, but it seems I am wrong. I have seen 2 weather forecasts for kings Lynn tomorrow and neither of them talked of enough rain to worry about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yep. :unsure:

KING’S Lynn have reluctantly decided to make an early decision to postpone Thursday’s meeting with Ipswich.

This is due to inclement weather with rain expected along with strong winds.

The club have arranged a new date of Monday April 25 for the meeting which is a League Cup tie.

All tickets purchased in advance remain valid for any other meeting at the Adrian Flux Arena.

The postponement means the opening Minors and Brady Stars home meeting of the season will now be Thursday April 21 against Peterborough, also in the League Cup.

The club hopes this early decision minimises inconvenience for all concerned.

:o:angry::nono:

Think everyone knows by now that the sunshines out of everyones ass in Poole ,  hence theres not alot of rain that falls in Dorset ,:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Grief, how much is the beer at Lynn...:o

£20 entry, £10 for my son to drop me off at 6.30, and pick me up around 9.30. 8 pints at £4.80 each.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

£20 entry, £10 for my son to drop me off at 6.30, and pick me up around 9.30. 8 pints at £4.80 each.

:blink:

Personally I think it is the right call, If it was just the weather then I would say it is a dodgy decision but there is no fuel around my area at all so was looking like I wasn't going to be able to make it and I'm sure there are plenty of others in the same situation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

:blink:

Yeah. I like my beer;) I usually have 3 pints watching the riders in the pits between 6.30 to 7.30.Then 5 during the meeting.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yeah. I like my beer;) I usually have 3 pints watching the riders in the pits between 6.30 to 7.30.Then 5 during the meeting.

Blimey,i would be seeing 8 riders in the first race if that was me.

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, cartman said:

Personally I think it is the right call, If it was just the weather then I would say it is a dodgy decision but there is no fuel around my area at all so was looking like I wasn't going to be able to make it and I'm sure there are plenty of others in the same situation.

But if that was the case why don't they just come out and say that was the case.Would make things more believable than the weather report as it stands.

Great result for the Witches who avoid defeat for the second consecutive Thursday :D

• Haha 5