British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich. League Cup 7/4/22

Firstly want too say I'm as gutted as everyone else that tomorrow meeting has been postponed and am sympathetic with everyone that has changed plans/work to be at the meeting but personally I would rather a early call off than watching buster and team sorting a wet track for two hours to then get riders riding around rather than racing or the meeting rushed through to heat 10 just to get a result. Right call in my eyes 

33 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Blimey,i would be seeing 8 riders in the first race if that was me.

I sometimes see 6 in HT 15:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stu219 said:

Well from the forcast a 50% chance of rain

That's crazy to call it off then! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cartman said:

Personally I think it is the right call, If it was just the weather then I would say it is a dodgy decision but there is no fuel around my area at all so was looking like I wasn't going to be able to make it and I'm sure there are plenty of others in the same situation.

So it is called off cos of a fuel shortage??!

I'm all for moaning when things are wrong but the management are absolutely bang on with this decision. 

We've all complained many a time about turning up at tracks, watching tractors & blading going round & round only to be called off anyway. 

The cost of running electric, fuel, staff etc will be extortionate in 2022 so clubs can't risk it. 

The costs to fans in fuel travel is extortionate & many more than usual wouldn't turn up with a threat of rain, especially the cold early season. 

I'd hope this has become the norm now 

22 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm all for moaning when things are wrong but the management are absolutely bang on with this decision. 

We've all complained many a time about turning up at tracks, watching tractors & blading going round & round only to be called off anyway. 

The cost of running electric, fuel, staff etc will be extortionate in 2022 so clubs can't risk it. 

The costs to fans in fuel travel is extortionate & many more than usual wouldn't turn up with a threat of rain, especially the cold early season. 

I'd hope this has become the norm now 

I'm glad it's not the norm in the other league, as based purely on forecasts both meetings would have been off  tonight whereas they both got completed. Forecasts are often wrong in this country. If it was 80%-90% chance of heavy/persistent rain then fair enough. But 50% chance, come on. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I doubt if i'll go to both that close together. With getting in, my beer and paying my son to drop me off and p[ick me up costs me 70 quid a meeting. 

I can never follow that logic I'm afraid. You will save £70 tomorrow. Why not just put that aside for the new date?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm glad it's not the norm in the other league, as based purely on forecasts both meetings would have been off  tonight whereas they both got completed. Forecasts are often wrong in this country. If it was 80%-90% chance of heavy/persistent rain then fair enough. But 50% chance, come on. 

Birmingham only just managed 10 heats. It was heavy rain during Heat 10 too. Phil Griffin praised the 2022 track surface, saying that last year, in similar conditions, they would not have got ten heats. Track looked (and rode) very smooth.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

So it is called off cos of a fuel shortage??!

What’s with these fuel shortages? No problems at all here as far as I know. Maybe Norfolk different?

43 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Birmingham only just managed 10 heats. It was heavy rain during Heat 10 too. Phil Griffin praised the 2022 track surface, saying that last year, in similar conditions, they would not have got ten heats. Track looked (and rode) very smooth.

Not sure what's achieved here either. Racing to heat 10 to get a result isn't an achievement. 

Some of those their tonight may feel they wished the meeting had been called off, it's another short-changing for the punters. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not sure what's achieved here either. Racing to heat 10 to get a result isn't an achievement. 

Some of those their tonight may feel they wished the meeting had been called off, it's another short-changing for the punters. 

Okay, so take Poole example then. 80% chance of rain throughout the day. The rain being showers possible heavy. But only a few showers in the morning and one at 6.30pm and still raced with no problems. But according to someone else KL have 50% chance of rain and it's off! Just as much chance it will be dry.

Start calling meetings off in England for 50% chance of rain, then no one would ever ride! 

• Like 2

When does Iversen's 28 day contract end is it end of April or 28 days from when he ride in Lewis Kerr's testimonial 

37 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

When does Iversen's 28 day contract end is it end of April or 28 days from when he ride in Lewis Kerr's testimonial 

Should be 28 days from first official fixture; 31st March. 

28th April v Ipswich (H) should be Kildemand's return

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay, so take Poole example then. 80% chance of rain throughout the day. The rain being showers possible heavy. But only a few showers in the morning and one at 6.30pm and still raced with no problems. But according to someone else KL have 50% chance of rain and it's off! Just as much chance it will be dry.

Start calling meetings off in England for 50% chance of rain, then no one would ever ride! 

Promoters need all the fans they can get, if there is any chance of a rain off people will not travel, particularly in Norfolk/Lincolnshire/Cambridgeshire .... many travel 40/50/60 miles one way to Lynn!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

I can never follow that logic I'm afraid. You will save £70 tomorrow. Why not just put that aside for the new date?

I will definitely lose £90 today,that's 4 meetings worth.

7 hours ago, stu219 said:

What’s with these fuel shortages? No problems at all here as far as I know. Maybe Norfolk different?

We have had a few problems,but we have always managed to keep the works vans full of diesel . That's 8 vans at between £50-£90 a day