British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ch958

Attendances

would people report the crowd levels at the meetings they attend. Be good to keep an eye on things. Doesn't have to be accurate, just an idea

33 minutes ago, ch958 said:

would people report the crowd levels at the meetings they attend. Be good to keep an eye on things. Doesn't have to be accurate, just an idea

Judging by previous comments on here regarding numbers they have been way out, so you can almost guarantee it won’t be accurate.

Good crowd reported at the Ben Fund but the photos don’t bare that out, but then what is a ‘ good crowd ‘ ? If your talking Newcastle it could be over 250, if your talking Ipswich it could be over 1,000, Birmingham need over that ! it all depends on the club and the break even figure.

6 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Judging by previous comments on here regarding numbers they have been way out, so you can almost guarantee it won’t be accurate.

Good crowd reported at the Ben Fund but the photos don’t bare that out, but then what is a ‘ good crowd ‘ ? If your talking Newcastle it could be over 250, if your talking Ipswich it could be over 1,000, Birmingham need over that ! it all depends on the club and the break even figure.

well an idea would be interesting - i hope people contribute comments

I went to the Ben Fund meeting and thought it was a decent crowd, not that I'm anywhere near a regular at Peterborough. Certainly took plenty of time getting out of the car park!

• Like 2

Lewis Kerr's testimonial. Local paper said close to 2,000. That looked about right to me.

The problem is how do you decide what a good crowd is? many posters within this forum I imagine remember crowds upwards of 10K back in the "Good old day's" but now there is so much to factor in. Fewer top stars in British racing, lower standard racing, Cheaper & more frequent flights, the need to accomodate visiting riders & of course the modern human.

I attended a Promotion/Fans get together & someone asked why dont you get a couple of riders with their bikes to attend schools in the area. A good idea in principle & a very good idea in 1975 but as I mentioned above "The modern human" we need to get the youth away from their hand held devices for a 90 minute period. They will come to watch but when a meeting is strung out & 15 races take from 19:30 until 22:00 they get bored & never return but the worst is to come when they put on their social media account how slow & boring speedway was & they will never go again.

In short run a slick show start on time pre-meeting presentation 19:15 first race 19:30 at the tapes run to the finish 21:00 (without intervals) victory parade (15 Minutes) second half races until 22:00. If this was sustained maybe we could hold the attention of the youth & the word SPEED in our sport of SPEEDWAY might just mean something again. 

• Like 3

the reason i asked is tto ascertain if things were stable, better or worse than recent times - no one expects 10000 anywhere, not scientific just an idea

16 hours ago, ch958 said:

the reason i asked is tto ascertain if things were stable, better or worse than recent times - no one expects 10000 anywhere, not scientific just an idea

BV probably slightly up on the Sheff match than last season and double last year's PC Memorial.

• Like 1

Plymouth v Poole 700 ish plus 125+ buying the stream

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Plymouth v Poole 700 ish plus 125+ buying the stream

Didn't look a lot more last night.

On 4/5/2022 at 7:06 PM, ch958 said:

I like this idea.  I’m always inquisitive about the size of the crowd. 
interesting I was at the Ben fund and sat in the stand which looked quite full. However when we walked along the back straight the stand was actually only half full.  It was very surprising.  
My guess of the Ben fund crowd would be 1400

23 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I like this idea.  I’m always inquisitive about the size of the crowd. 
interesting I was at the Ben fund and sat in the stand which looked quite full. However when we walked along the back straight the stand was actually only half full.  It was very surprising.  
My guess of the Ben fund crowd would be 1400

The grandstand capacity used to be 1;000 so , if it was half full, and it didn’t look that full on the photographs, was there nearly 1,000 spread out elsewhere?

17 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

The grandstand capacity used to be 1;000 so , if it was half full, and it didn’t look that full on the photographs, was there nearly 1,000 spread out elsewhere?

I’m sure the grandstand seats 2,000

edit. According to the panther’s website the stand seats 2,200

Edited by Racin Jason 72
  • Like 1

from what I've been to so far:

Josh Auty - about the same as a League Match vs Leicester

Peter Craven - almost a sell out

Leicester vs Scunny - a little disappointing, well down on last year

Ben Fund - about the same as a league meeting

Peterborough vs Ippo - disappointing for a local derby

• Thanks 1