British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ch958

Attendances

33 minutes ago, baiden said:

It's got to be close to 2,000 at each of Oxford's home meetings so far this year. Some possibly a little less (Redcar - but was the second fixture against the same team in as many weeks) and some definitely capacity/close to capacity (Scunthorpe, Poole and Glasgow).

Let's hope it continues, especially if they can increase the capacity as the work at the stadium nears completion. Crowds would definitely be even bigger if you could pay cash on the gate as well.

Agree they should collect cash on gate. How old is the building on home straight, looks fairly new? Also do you have to pay more to sit in grandstand? Would rather watch outside but struggle standing for couple of hours, and can't take chairs in.

Edited by auntie doris

17 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Agree they should collect cash on gate. How old is the building on home straight, looks fairly new? Also do you have to pay more to sit in grandstand? Would rather watch outside but struggle standing for couple of hours, and can't take chairs in.

The main grandstand was built in 1986, while the extension (the bit with the exec boxes approaching the first bend) opened in 2000.

No you don't have to pay any extra to sit in the grandstand, it's £18 (plus a £1 booking fee) regardless. At the start of the season there were two options when booking tickets (either inside or outside), but that was simply where you entered the stadium. Now there's just one 'general admission' option, so you are free to stand/sit wherever you want.

I've heard they do take card payments on the gate now, but haven't seen or heard of anybody that's done this.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, baiden said:

The main grandstand was built in 1986, while the extension (the bit with the exec boxes approaching the first bend) opened in 2000.

No you don't have to pay any extra to sit in the grandstand, it's £18 (plus a £1 booking fee) regardless. At the start of the season there were two options when booking tickets (either inside or outside), but that was simply where you entered the stadium. Now there's just one 'general admission' option, so you are free to stand/sit wherever you want.

I've heard they do take card payments on the gate now, but haven't seen or heard of anybody that's done this.

Will try to sit in grandstand next time. At Swindon there were only about 50 seats in grandstand so if you didn't get there early no chance. The view high up from bends 3/4 at Oxford was excellent. Even spoke to a Swindon sponsor who attends regularly. I attend football matches at Cirencester, Chippenham and Hungerford, definitely would be lower crowds if they didnt take cash on gate.

Edited by auntie doris

4 hours ago, baiden said:

...and I used to play snooker there. Remember Nigel De'Ath and Per Sorensen playing a game on the next table to me!

• Like 1