Sign in to follow this  
ch958

Attendances

11 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’m sure the grandstand seats 2,000

edit. According to the panther’s website the stand seats 2,200

The grandstand has 2230 seats

• Thanks 1

You certainly aren’t going to get a Promoter to tell you what good crowd is.! Just the poor ones.

• Like 1

just bumping this -has anyone got any attendance comments? Obviously Newcastle 300 odd was pretty dire. What's happening at your local track? Is anyone actually pulling decent numbers?

Great crowd at Oxford last week for the Leicester match... was as good as it used to be on the Good Friday visits I used to make back in the late 80's / early 90's

The crowds at the AFA look up a couple of hundred on last year to me. It was reported in the local paper there was close to 2,000 at the Lewi Kerr testimonial. I don't know how they found out, or maybe guessed, who knows. But judging by that i'd say  around  a steady 1300 ish.

2 hours ago, ch958 said:

just bumping this -has anyone got any attendance comments? Obviously Newcastle 300 odd was pretty dire. What's happening at your local track? Is anyone actually pulling decent numbers?

The attendance at the Cubs meeting v the Bullets as to me seemed the worst number that I have ever seen at Leicester. The figures for the Cubs meetings are normally accepted as poorer than the Lions fixtures but this one was very poor.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The crowds at the AFA look up a couple of hundred on last year to me. It was reported in the local paper there was close to 2,000 at the Lewi Kerr testimonial. I don't know how they found out, or maybe guessed, who knows. But judging by that i'd say  around  a steady 1300 ish.

i would have thought that was ok

Just now, ch958 said:

i would have thought that was ok

Obviously Buster would want more, but i think he will be reasonably happy with that, seeing that he don't have pay rent.

I would have thought that any track getting 1,000 plus nowadays is regarded as "allright". Just needs the sport to cut its cloth accordingly starting with standardising bikes...fat chance of that I know!

• Like 2

Must have been around 2000 capacity at Oxford against Glasgow, the crowd went wild when Oxford got a 5-1 in last heat to win it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Must have been around 2000 capacity at Oxford against Glasgow, the crowd went wild when Oxford got a 5-1 in last heat to win it.

Wasn't it great, big crowd, good racing, last heat decider

Let's hope it catches on

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Let's hope it catches on

Like the good old days! Many happy memories spent at Cowley .

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Let's hope it catches on

My bruv, a Swindon fan living in Adelaide Australia, was supporting the Aussie Cheetahs with 4 of them in side, plus 1 Englishman and 1 American. I believe last week was also a last heat decider, going the way of the away team. My other bruv and me were neutral. Was good to see speedway again after nearly 3 years of inactivity at Blunsdon. Would like to see Swindon, Oxford and Poole in Premier again.

Impressive facilities, decent loos and good catering, decent programme, and not far to walk from Unipart car park, shuttle coach is also good idea, even doggies allowed. Better view from higher up on bends 3/4 than 1/2, and no flying shale! Preferred pits on bends 3/4 than back straight, and would rather pay on gate. Will definitely go again. Oxford have a massive catchment area, nearest senior club to Greater London, millions of could be spectators. Good luck Oxford:)

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

It's got to be close to 2,000 at each of Oxford's home meetings so far this year. Some possibly a little less (Redcar - but was the second fixture against the same team in as many weeks) and some definitely capacity/close to capacity (Scunthorpe, Poole and Glasgow).

Let's hope it continues, especially if they can increase the capacity as the work at the stadium nears completion. Crowds would definitely be even bigger if you could pay cash on the gate as well.

• Like 1