Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Arthur54

Poole v Plymouth KO Cup 2nd leg 6/4/22

It's amazing he managed to take two more rides after.

1 hour ago, CitizenTyler said:

He looked in a lot of pain walking back from the fall. Paramedic break later in the evening too whilst they assessed him further. Definitely a nasty one. 

He'll more than likely call it a day know so it's a new number 1 for Plymouth now... Ludvig lindgren goes well round there but he's not a number 1 nowadays

That sounds really unpleasant.

4 panthers in the Plymouth team 

Harris 

MPT 

Andersen

Gilkes 

Congratulations pirates and pirates fans well deserved piss poor from our heat leaders.

11 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Congratulations pirates and pirates fans well deserved piss poor from our heat leaders.

Agreed, some serious kickings need to be given. Don't care it's early in the season, riders with this level of experience shouldn't need loads of meetings to get going. Based on the two Poole meetings I fancy Redcar will be a long night on Friday too! Lets hope we get a good guest if Kennett isn't back.

When they do well I’ll praise them when there crap I’ll also say it no point sugarcoating it they’ve all been round Poole numerous times no excuses.

• Like 1

Feel for Ben Barker, he normally really good at Poole. Can pretty much expect a heatleader score and when he was on for a paid win his bike goes or something blew up on it! 

19 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

When they do well I’ll praise them when there crap I’ll also say it no point sugarcoating it they’ve all been round Poole numerous times no excuses.

Just aswell Plymouth had Harris as guest as if Kennett had been fit I think the score would have been another 6 points for Poole's total as I don't think Kennett would have got 13 imo

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Feel for Ben Barker, he normally really good at Poole. Can pretty much expect a heatleader score and when he was on for a paid win his bike goes or something blew up on it! 

3 meetings in as many days ain't good for him as his bikes won't be at there best I'm afraid

11 points from no.1 in premiership, 10 points in 2 meetings from no 4 in championship. Some riders just taking championship for granted for extra pennies with little to no commitment

• Like 1

Very entertaining meeting played out in cold and very windy conditions. Lots of very good racing on a superbly prepared billiard table track. Harris excellent guest finally beaten in heat 15 but was untouchable in his first 4 rides and not led until the final race. Plymouth lucky they had his as a guest.

Plenty of passing and fast times as well. All the Pirates putting in good performances. King had a bit of a mare with two tapes exclusions. Lawson looking a solid heat leader and good replacement for Schlein. Drew Kemp looking like a very solid reserve with 10 from 4 tonight. And Ablitt battled all night. Gilkes, who was excellent last night, was nowhere tonight, and a surprise. Expected better. Hans looks like a season too much, and perhaps should have followed Bjarne into retirement. 

Next stop Birmingham next Wednesday at Perry Bar, then Oxford next Friday and Leicester next Saturday. Bring them on!

Bit harsh on Hans there!! I don't think he'll thank you for saying he should retire lol. A few more seasons left in him I think! 

Really good night for Nathan Ablitt though who is just going to get better with every home meeting. :t:

• Like 1

I can't see anyone getting 40 at Poole this year, as usual they are going to be incredibly strong at home. Which is going to make them very tough to beat over two legs.

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I can't see anyone getting 40 at Poole this year, as usual they are going to be incredibly strong at home. Which is going to make them very tough to beat over two legs.

Oh I think Leicester and Glasgow will! 

• Like 1