British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Al Stewart

Armadale Devils v Berwick Bullets

5 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Maybe first night nerves for some, but Mike & Graham are seasoned professionals.  They will be just fine !  

Unfortunately Graham missing tonight due to Covid, but Colin "Mr Junior Speedway" Mackie steps in.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:49 PM, Bandits4eva said:

I’m gonna be ambitious and predict a Bullets win :wink: 

:approve:

Superb team effort from all but extra plaudits to go to young Ace.. what a debut! 

Edited by Bandits4eva
  • Like 1

Quite apart from the result, this was an entertaining match on a chilly night.      

The first half-dozen races had so much going on, with passing and re-passing galore, that one could hardly draw breath.

Armadale had more heat winners than the Bullets, but Berwick had only two last places all night.

A great advert for NDL speedway.

9 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Ace Pijper what a fantastic NL debut!

Fast time of night in reserves race too!

• Like 2

The opening night of the season at sunny Armadale saw beautiful weather (as always) and the biggest win by any Berwick side at the Cardiffesque Caldron.

The Devils appeared to be doing their bit for the environment by not going too fast, while the Bullets ignored this brainwashing narrative and shot past their opponents as and when necessary, the tone set as early as heat one with Kyle Bickley going very quickly in a last to first dash.

However, even he was overshadowed by the exploits of young Ace Pijper, the only rider to lower the 60 seconds barrier and thus become the fastest rider of 2022 so far. Sam Masters et al, it's over to you to beat it.

At the end of the night, the visitors celebrated like they'd won the SoN. And why not? For riders such as Luke Crang and Greg Blair, they'll look back on this as the pinnacle of their careers, winning handsomely at such a plush venue.

Friday coming sees the other Berwick mob descend (or, geographically speaking, ascend) on the What The Fork Wastelands. I'm gonna say, right here, right now, they won't score 52. They might get 53 though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

A Berwick team winning at Armadale.

Worlds gone crazy.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Worlds gone crazy.

Wait til next Friday!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, screm said:

Worlds gone crazy.

The numbers do tell a tale i.e. Devils 4,6 & 7 = Paid 4 pts    Bullets 4,6 & 7 = Paid 32 pts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

The numbers do tell a tale i.e. Devils 4,6 & 7 = Paid 4 pts    Bullets 4,6 & 7 = Paid 32 pts.

You can make the numbers look any way you want though.

The number 3 and 5's combined points were 25 for Edinburgh (14 & 11) whereas the Berwick total was 12 (8 & 4). 

Need your seven riders to score more than the other teams seven (no matter who scored the points).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

All the numbers tell you is Berwick scored more than Edinburgh.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

All the numbers tell you is Berwick scored more than Edinburgh.

And those are the only numbers that matter 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

You're including a Berwick heat leader in that total, against Armadale's lowest-scoring second string.