British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

European U 23 team championship Final Tarnow Sunday October 9th live on TV

So if Denmark or Latvia win on the 18th  they will both get to the final or if Sweden or Norway do then Denmark only will- which seems ridiculous as Denmark are in the final even if they finish last.( for finishing 2nd to Poland last year).

Edited by racers and royals

21 minutes ago, stevehone said:

goes on last years U23 competition.

GB failed to make the final so below Denmark, Sweden, and Latvia i believe (and Germany)

More nonsense.

I don't see that last year is relevant, when the teams have changed. It should be down to this years performance

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

More nonsense.

I don't see that last year is relevant, when the teams have changed. It should be down to this years performance

Exactly- highest 2nd isn`t 100% ideal because of the different strengths sometimes of the semi`s but it`s better than this new rule !!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Exactly- highest 2nd isn`t 100% ideal because of the different strengths sometimes of the semi`s but it`s better than this new rule !!!

Particularly in Junior meetings etc with an age limit. Quite possible that a team finished well because of one or two riders who are no longer available . And they then get intothe final over a team that beat them in the qualis...

• Like 1

i find it strange that Germany are in neither semi final having made the final last year

I read somewhere that Germany will be in the semi-final in Norway, replacing Denmark, who are already qualified for the final.

It would make sense if it is Norway v Sweden v Latvia v Germany in the second semi-final at Elgane, and only the winning team qualifies for the final.

Poland and Denmark are seeded, and Great Britian qualified as the winners of SF1.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bavarian said:

I read somewhere that Germany will be in the semi-final in Norway, replacing Denmark, who are already qualified for the final.

It would make sense if it is Norway v Sweden v Latvia v Germany in the second semi-final at Elgane, and only the winning team qualifies for the final.

Poland and Denmark are seeded, and Great Britian qualified as the winners of SF1.

That does make more sense than what we originally thought. Now we just need confirmation, although with the meeting next Saturday sooner rather than later would be nice !!

7 hours ago, Bavarian said:

That is now confirmed as the amended SR indicates.

European U23 Team Speedway Championship Semi Final 2 Starting List IMN 713/02 date: 18.06.2022 venue: Elgane, Norway

Germany

1 Marius HILLEBRAND

2 Norick BLÖDORN

3 Ben ERNST

4 Erik BACHHUBER

17 Lukas BAUMANN

Norway

5  Espen SOLA

6 Iver SVEEN

7 Mathias POLLESTAD

8 Truls KAMHAUG

Latvia

9 Olegs MIHAILOVS

10 Ernests MATJUSONOKS

11 Daniils KOLODINSKIS

12 Francis GUSTS

Sweden

13 Gustav GRAHN

14 Jonatan GRAHN

15 William BJÖRLING

16 Anton KARLSSON

20  Maximiliam BELSING

Is Espen related to Rune at all ? Looking at the ages he could well be his son. But then again it might just be a coincidence

no Henriksson or Hellstrom-Bangs for Sweden, can see a shootout between Germany and Latvia

Sweden made me look stupid by winning today- full result to follow.

Unofficial result

Sweden 42

Latvia 29

Germany 24

Norway 21

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Sweden made me look stupid by winning today- full result to follow.

Unofficial result

Sweden 42

Latvia 29

Germany 24

Norway 21

that's a surprise to me too