British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham v Poole Championship. 13/04/22

We should beat Birmingham whether Shanseys riding or not. No excuses to not get three points on Wednesday. Having said that, last year I expected us to win an we were never close to it. We lost Stefan to an horrendous crash and the boys were never on it after that. Track then was very poor and ref came down to inspect with ongoing track work all evening. Heard it’s a lot better since then. 

Best wished to James Shanes on a speedy recovery. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

What's he done?

Stand by for cries of 'it makes them stronger'!!! from down Dorset way :rolleyes::D

With Shanesy himself 'from down Dorset way' it definitely makes them weaker!!:rolleyes:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Thanks

2 hours ago, crazysue said:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Thanks

Radio coverage listed by BBC WM so results could be lifted from there if someone is listening in.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Birmingham might not be 6 points down though.

Well then it wouldn't matter who took 'Shanes' ride.....and I hope this is the case. But the likelihood is that by Heat 10, we will be 6 or more points behind.

Just trying to be constructive with the 'use' of 'who' and when.....might be worth using Morris in Heat 1 because he can beat Worrall no problem.

Use the 'weakest' option when up against 'King' ..... obviously Rogers knows his riders better than me and knows the best time of how and when to use them. (I hope...)

These decisions are what can win matches IMO.

BIRMINGHAM: Claus Vissing, James Shanes R/R, Josh Auty, Ashley Morris, Adam Ellis, Stefan Nielsen, James Pearson.

POOLE: Steve Worrall, Zach Cook, Richard Lawson, Ben Cook, Danny King, Drew Kemp, Nathan Ablitt.

My curly tail indicates a Pirates win by 10. 

Oink Oink :D

14 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Well then it wouldn't matter who took 'Shanes' ride.....and I hope this is the case. But the likelihood is that by Heat 10, we will be 6 or more points behind.

Just trying to be constructive with the 'use' of 'who' and when.....might be worth using Morris in Heat 1 because he can beat Worrall no problem.

Use the 'weakest' option when up against 'King' ..... obviously Rogers knows his riders better than me and knows the best time of how and when to use them. (I hope...)

These decisions are what can win matches IMO.

That's the roll of team manager covered:D:drink:

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2022 at 7:52 AM, GiveusaB said:

might be worth using Morris in Heat 1 because he can beat Worrall no problem.

Use the 'weakest' option when up against 'King'

I'm not convinced Morris would beat Worrall "no problem" 3 times out of 5 my money would be on Worrall.  Generally with R/R at 2 a reserve gets that ride to give them advantage going into the reserve race that follows.

Why 'King'?

On the Oink express train, just left Derby. Mix of rain & sun. Short showers. Shud clear thru later :t:

#Piratepride

Oink Oink

Edited by Oink
  • Like 1

In Birmingham, short heavy shower but sun back out with lovely bits of blue.

I've lost a trotter, anyone seen Uncle Albert?:rofl:

Edited by Oink
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Col said:

I'm not convinced Morris would beat Worrall "no problem" 3 times out of 5 my money would be on Worrall.  Generally with R/R at 2 a reserve gets that ride to give them advantage going into the reserve race that follows.

Why 'King'?

Well....I agree with your summisation about Morris v worrall....I also agree about using a reserve in Heat (I put that in an earlier thread...)

As for using weakest option against King? I think that's a no brainer because he will beat all of B'ham riders apart from may be 'Ellis' (if Ellis gates....)

44 minutes ago, Oink said:

In Birmingham, short heavy shower but sun back out with lovely bits of blue.

I've lost a trotter, anyone seen Uncle Albert?:rofl:

Forecast is great after 3pm....there wont be any repeats of last weeks mud bath!

It's going to be a cracking meeting....looking forward to this one!

I think Poole will be too strong and win by 10 points.

• Like 1

Yep, just arrived in tropical Perry Barr! Blue skies & sun and quite warm :t:

C'MON THE PIRATES!

50-40 Pirates all 4pts :t: