British Speedway Forum

21 hours ago, crazysue said:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

Redcar will be providing Twitter updates this season

58 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Extremely disrespectful to the rest of the Plymouth team who made you look a bit silly by getting a point.

Arrogance personified that's Skidder1 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Complin once upon a time was spectacular at ashfield. We live in hope 

Think it will be in hope.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Extremely disrespectful to the rest of the Plymouth team who made you look a bit silly by getting a point.

Yes respect to the Gladiators. Honestly didn't think they would perform after their 2 meetings against Poole this week. Thats all I could base my opinion on.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nassa10 said:

Kerr beat Harris, I had the best view in the house

I would concur with that. I was stood next to you, 2 foot past the line Bomber was in front. I would have been very disappointed, if Kerr had not got the verdict.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bruno said:

Doesn't that mean Plymouth get a point, disappointing commentators didn't realise it

Yes, it completely bypassed them both!!

Indeed, Olly Allen, commented that the heat 15 Plymouth 5-1 was ‘too little too late’. Yes, for a win or a draw (and Plymouth might well have had either) – but certainly not in order to go home with what might prove to be a crucial point at final league table time.

As much as I’m not their biggest fan, Nigel and Kelvin would have been all over the fact pre-race that a heat 15 5-1 would send Plymouth home with a league point.

I don’t want to be too harsh on the commentators as they ‘bed-in’, but surely the joint British team manager at least ought to know how the league points scoring system works?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Just catching up on tonight's meeting..one heat in fed up of the Harris lovefest already. They're needing to knock that on head, 2 weeks in a row now.

Agree next week's meeting doesn't strike me as great choice

You'd not have enjoyed Adam Roynon's interview then??

19 minutes ago, GregoryM said:

Glasgow fans have a different opinion on Harris to apparently every other team in the UK!! Enjoyed the bit at the end of his interview, that made me chuckle

As long as the Gladiators gel as a team they will get the results home & away.

BUT PLEASE can someone (Mark Phillips?) stop Gary May swapping the reserves race after race. 

It gains nothing putting your weakest reserve in the harder races will just demoralise him. This happened @ Somerset, riders then retired & the replacements were worse!

If a rider is not performing this team should have enough knowledge & knowhow to encourage those riders under performing.

Here's looking forward to the rest of 2022. 

5 hours ago, GregoryM said:

I don’t want to be too harsh on the commentators as they ‘bed-in’, but surely the joint British team manager at least ought to know how the league points scoring system works?

In the Berwick meeting, he openly asked if heat 8 was a protected heat. I was a bit surprised he wouldn’t know for sure.

9 hours ago, GregoryM said:

What did he say? 

11 hours ago, Ghosty said:

BUT PLEASE can someone (Mark Phillips?) stop Gary May swapping the reserves race after race. 

It gains nothing putting your weakest reserve in the harder races will just demoralise him. This happened @ Somerset, riders then retired & the replacements were worse!

If a rider is not performing this team should have enough knowledge & knowhow to encourage those riders under performing.

Looked what happened to Jason Edwards, he was given the easier number 7 spot & scored more points than his first meeting. Also didn't hinder Jordan Jenkins racing in the tougher number 6 spot!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Surely a team managers job is to win a meeting, if it means swapping reserves then so be it.

• Like 3