British Speedway Forum

On 4/8/2022 at 8:20 PM, torpointfanatic22 said:

Wow, now he's given Kerr the win when Bomber got him. 

On 4/8/2022 at 8:20 PM, iainb said:

Another shocker from the ref! Bomber clearly won that!

On 4/8/2022 at 8:21 PM, Cookiefan said:

Ref needs sacked, Bomber got that

On 4/8/2022 at 8:27 PM, HGould said:

Well it's on global live stream. No reason why they can't go down the VAR route us there? Two shocking decisions could be easily overturned

The view from the stream was based on the first bend so it was impossible to tell who got that imo.

Neither decision has been easy for me, so can't use VAR unless there's multiple cameras showing the action!

Harris won and Gilkes was taken out. I just watched it back again and it’s clear as day!

You can easily see Harris won by just pausing the video at the line.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 8:48 PM, Noelinho said:

First bend and the ref chooses to exclude. What’s he got against Plymouth?

Just seen this heat, Gilkes tried to come across from grid 4 & bumped into Harris, I guess the ref could have decided he wasn't far enough in front to make such a move & excluded him - but I can't see how Harris was at fault - he was just going round the corner!

I guess you could argue as two Plymouth riders clashed, it would be unfair on Redcar to allow an all 4?

Having watched it a second time I'd say all 4, but if you have to exclude a Plymouth rider, it would be Gilkes for me!

On 4/8/2022 at 9:33 PM, bruno said:

Doesn't that mean Plymouth get a point, disappointing commentators didn't realise it

Totally agree with you, they should know the league points scoring rules!

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Totally agree with you, they should know the league points scoring rules!

But the frequency with which they change (and having different rules for different leagues) doesn't help.