British Speedway Forum
justathought

Leicester v Newcastle 9/4/22

2 minutes ago, Lord Skid said:

Did he actually beat any opponents in that 9pts, unless they strengthen the Team fast, they'll have more riders than supporters 

I've been going to Newcastle since I was 5 years old, and this is the first season that I'm honestly not excited about one bit. I won't stop going myself, but the usual group of people I stand with, none of them were there last Sunday, so there 5 supporters who saw the team and didn't bother... not looking good is it?

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I would NOT get rid of Lee... But I would get rid of the 2 New Zealanders, as horrible as it sounds... BWD has never impressed me and George looks far too raw and inexperienced yet, maybe invite him back next year... But our team this year can't afford to carry passengers. Personally I would try and make changes to get James back at reserve, Lee and James would make a very good partnership both home and away imo. Dropping BWD means Matty will probably go to number 1, so we would need a strong number 2 (at least at home) to partner him (Max) I'd leave Starkey at 5 and I would bring in a new 3/4 partnership.

No way would I want Josh Bates anywhere near my team, or Zane Keleher for that matter, Sedgemen possibly, but definitely not at 3 or 4.

If I was Granty, I would be begging Tommy Jorgensen, Rene Bach, Lasse Bjerre (I know, I know), Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen (to reconsider dropping the uk, as he still rides in Denmark, but nowhere else that I'm aware of??) or Jonas B Andersen to come in as the 3rd (or number 1 in Rene's/NBJ case) heatleader.

1. Matthew Wethers

2. Max Clegg

3. Tommy, Rene, Lasse, NBJ?

4. JBA, Sedgemen?

5. Paul Starke

6. Lee Complin

7. James Wright

I know someone is going to tell me why every one of these riders can't sign for us, whether it be money, rules, situation, personal preference, but I don't know each and every one of these rider's situations... Basically, we need to 'break the bank' to get a decent 3rd heatleader in... Because Brad will NOT be cheap... I know it's always a bad idea in speedway, but if we are going to struggle on every season, I'd rather go out with a bang than a whimper... Maybe tomorrow, after the pain of tonight's result has worn off, I'll snap back to reality and think more sensibly... But this, in a dream world, is what I'd like to see happen.

BUT, this is just all a hypothetical scenario, because I know it isn't going to happen, so we've  just got to get behind the lads we've got now and hope BWD and George improve week on week and we can at least finish 10th :D

Nee chance on TJ or RENE - baby bjerres attitude Is all wrong & whoever mentioned bates he's retired !! & Rob did try a few others aswell as riders mentioned on here last year & they wouldn't come then so how does he get them now without putting the club in jeopardy.. by paying silly money

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error

12 minutes ago, Lord Skid said:

Did he actually beat any opponents in that 9pts, unless they strengthen the Team fast, they'll have more riders than supporters 

Jason Edwards, Conner Coles ( just) and Leon Flint 

5 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Nee chance on TJ or RENE - baby bjerres attitude Is all wrong & whoever mentioned bates he's retired !! & Rob did try a few others aswell as riders mentioned on here last year & they wouldn't come then so how does he get them now without putting the club in jeopardy

You're right, I know... Which is why I said it wasn't going to happen. Just responding to the previous poster. There isn't enough riders around to make any changes...

May I ask why no to Rene? Do you have any insider knowledge, I've always wanted to see him back...

As for Lasse's attitude... Doesn't seem to be much worse than Brads? At least he's never wiped out a rider after the race... And both pull up if at the back, at least Lasse was better around Brough, although I do agree, it's a pretty like for like change, only worth it if we can get a decent rider in for George also (I know it ain't happening)

What ever happened to Nick Skorja and Ondrej Smetana :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm sure when Zagar comes over for Belle Vue, Nick will come to the North of England with him :D:D:D

4 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

You're right, I know... Which is why I said it wasn't going to happen. Just responding to the previous poster. There isn't enough riders around to make any changes...

May I ask why no to Rene? Do you have any insider knowledge, I've always wanted to see him back...

As for Lasse's attitude... Doesn't seem to be much worse than Brads? At least he's never wiped out a rider after the race... And both pull up if at the back, at least Lasse was better around Brough, although I do agree, it's a pretty like for like change, only worth it if we can get a decent rider in for George also (I know it ain't happening)

Poland on a Sunday for Rene unfortunately

5 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Yeah I get what your saying on BWD on the wipe out but the less said about that the better on social media... What we need to do is support the promotion & the riders & hope we get a good run of results asp

• Like 1

I can only judge on tonights performance but based on that, the Diamonds are two very good heat leaders short of being a competetive team. I doubt if too many fans would continue to watch that team.

Fair enough Leicester are very good at home but that was woeful, and sadly some fans did not go tonight because they knew it would be a no contest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

I would NOT get rid of Lee... But I would get rid of the 2 New Zealanders, as horrible as it sounds... BWD has never impressed me and George looks far too raw and inexperienced yet, maybe invite him back next year... But our team this year can't afford to carry passengers. Personally I would try and make changes to get James back at reserve, Lee and James would make a very good partnership both home and away imo. Dropping BWD means Matty will probably go to number 1, so we would need a strong number 2 (at least at home) to partner him (Max) I'd leave Starkey at 5 and I would bring in a new 3/4 partnership.

No way would I want Josh Bates anywhere near my team, or Zane Keleher for that matter, Sedgemen possibly, but definitely not at 3 or 4.

If I was Granty, I would be begging Tommy Jorgensen, Rene Bach, Lasse Bjerre (I know, I know), Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen (to reconsider dropping the uk, as he still rides in Denmark, but nowhere else that I'm aware of??) or Jonas B Andersen to come in as the 3rd (or number 1 in Rene's/NBJ case) heatleader.

1. Matthew Wethers

2. Max Clegg

3. Tommy, Rene, Lasse, NBJ?

4. JBA, Sedgemen?

5. Paul Starke

6. Lee Complin

7. James Wright

I know someone is going to tell me why every one of these riders can't sign for us, whether it be money, rules, situation, personal preference, but I don't know each and every one of these rider's situations... Basically, we need to 'break the bank' to get a decent 3rd heatleader in... Because Brad will NOT be cheap... I know it's always a bad idea in speedway, but if we are going to struggle on every season, I'd rather go out with a bang than a whimper... Maybe tomorrow, after the pain of tonight's result has worn off, I'll snap back to reality and think more sensibly... But this, in a dream world, is what I'd like to see happen.

BUT, this is just all a hypothetical scenario, because I know it isn't going to happen, so we've  just got to get behind the lads we've got now and hope BWD and George improve week on week and we can at least finish 10th :D

And probably go bust?  What would that achieve?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Poland on a Sunday for Rene unfortunately

That's what I thought, shame :(

12 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Yeah I get what your saying on BWD on the wipe out but the less said about that the better on social media... What we need to do is support the promotion & the riders & hope we get a good run of results asp

Why not mention it? It happened and it was totally unacceptable, when JBA 'wiped' out Stevie at Scunthorpe everyone blew up about it, when Kenni was wiped out at Newcastle, everyone kicked off, it should be made a deal of, because petty things such as that do NOT need to be in our sport, aye have a punch up in the pits if you must, but do it off the bikes, they're far too dangerous...

7 minutes ago, StevePark said:

And probably go bust?  What would that achieve?

Let's face it, we're gonna go bust anyway, so we may as well try and be competitive... And I doubt BWD is cheap...?

6 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

That's what I thought, shame :(

Why not mention it? It happened and it was totally unacceptable, when JBA 'wiped' out Stevie at Scunthorpe everyone blew up about it, when Kenni was wiped out at Newcastle, everyone kicked off, it should be made a deal of, because petty things such as that do NOT need to be in our sport, aye have a punch up in the pits if you must, but do it off the bikes, they're far too dangerous...

Let's face it, we're gonna go bust anyway, so we may as well try and be competitive... And I doubt BWD is cheap...?

2 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Clegg is like Lindgren mark 2 great at brough but useless away. Less said about BWD the better.

Didn’t he top score at Redcar the other week !!so not totally useless .

BWD was awful tonight and did not seem at all interested in racing. I have not seen him for a few years but looks like has put quite a bit of weight, his bikes looked poor as had bright covers but then using Peterborough mudguards from his last season over here .

As expected Congrave is very out of depth reminded me of Jedd List that came over for Scunthorpe,Newcastle would be better off with a NL rider. It was good to see Paul Starke putting up a little fight

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, flagrag said:

BWD was awful tonight and did not seem at all interested in racing. I have not seen him for a few years but looks like has put quite a bit of weight, his bikes looked poor as had bright covers but then using Peterborough mudguards from his last season over here .

As expected Congrave is very out of depth reminded me of Jedd List that came over for Scunthorpe,Newcastle would be better off with a NL rider. It was good to see Paul Starke putting up a little fight

Congreave is a raw talent & should be looking for a national League team if possible & it would do him the world of good & he'd actually pick more points up in the championship as he's on the pace from what I've seen so far 

I hope the racing has been good so far this season because personally I would be bored stiff with all these 60 plus results. :neutral: Hopefully Poole will put up more of a fight next week.