British Speedway Forum
justathought

Leicester v Newcastle 9/4/22

15 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Dogs aren't allowed at Brough for Speedway meetings (at least they weren't) LOL

So there's my predicted crowd down 25% already :sad:

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Feel for the diamonds having meetings against a couple of the strong teams before they get a chance to bed in

Any of the other 10 teams look strong compared to Newcastle at the minute 

Clegg is like Lindgren mark 2 great at brough but useless away. Less said about BWD the better.

• Like 1

Newcastle will have to make a few team changes now in order to stop fans from walking away imo.

Bwd must be on a guarantee 9pts in 3 meetings won't pay the bills. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TTT said:

Newcastle will have to make a few team changes now in order to stop fans from walking away imo.

I can't agree more tbh... But who?

And I really don't see it happening. I am concerned for the club as a whole... I felt ever so slightly optimistic going into the season as well... Not that we'd be good, but we'd be competitive at least and maybe not finish rock bottom

I know what I would do... But I don't want to be ridiculed and I want to try and get behind the lads, because it's not going to change, being realistic...

Edited by Diamonds85

9 minutes ago, lewy said:

A doubt very much if any rider is on a guarantee.

Just now, Diamonds85 said:

I can't agree more tbh... But who?

And I really don't see it happening. I am concerned for the club as a whole... I felt ever so slightly optimistic going into the season as well... Not that we'd be good, but we'd be competitive at least and maybe not finish rock bottom

Using realistic names only who'd be interested in riding over here.

I'd bring in Justin Sedgmen, Josh Bates and Zane Keleher for BWD, Lee Complin & George Congreve just to make them team a little bit more competitive.

Don't teams have to build to a minimum strength anymore?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I disagree. Your reserves will be on at least  a 3pt guarantee just to cover costs,bwd has very high pay demands which the Diamonds must of met,even if he's on £100 per point he would be struggling to cover costs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TTT said:

Using realistic names only who'd be interested in riding over here.

I'd bring in Justin Sedgmen, Josh Bates and Zane Keleher for BWD, Lee Complin & George Congreve just to make them team a little bit more competitive.

I would NOT get rid of Lee... But I would get rid of the 2 New Zealanders, as horrible as it sounds... BWD has never impressed me and George looks far too raw and inexperienced yet, maybe invite him back next year... But our team this year can't afford to carry passengers. Personally I would try and make changes to get James back at reserve, Lee and James would make a very good partnership both home and away imo. Dropping BWD means Matty will probably go to number 1, so we would need a strong number 2 (at least at home) to partner him (Max) I'd leave Starkey at 5 and I would bring in a new 3/4 partnership.

No way would I want Josh Bates anywhere near my team, or Zane Keleher for that matter, Sedgemen possibly, but definitely not at 3 or 4.

If I was Granty, I would be begging Tommy Jorgensen, Rene Bach, Lasse Bjerre (I know, I know), Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen (to reconsider dropping the uk, as he still rides in Denmark, but nowhere else that I'm aware of??) or Jonas B Andersen to come in as the 3rd (or number 1 in Rene's/NBJ case) heatleader.

1. Matthew Wethers

2. Max Clegg

3. Tommy, Rene, Lasse, NBJ?

4. JBA, Sedgemen?

5. Paul Starke

6. Lee Complin

7. James Wright

I know someone is going to tell me why every one of these riders can't sign for us, whether it be money, rules, situation, personal preference, but I don't know each and every one of these rider's situations... Basically, we need to 'break the bank' to get a decent 3rd heatleader in... Because Brad will NOT be cheap... I know it's always a bad idea in speedway, but if we are going to struggle on every season, I'd rather go out with a bang than a whimper... Maybe tomorrow, after the pain of tonight's result has worn off, I'll snap back to reality and think more sensibly... But this, in a dream world, is what I'd like to see happen.

BUT, this is just all a hypothetical scenario, because I know it isn't going to happen, so we've  just got to get behind the lads we've got now and hope BWD and George improve week on week and we can at least finish 10th :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lewy said:

I disagree. Your reserves will be on at least  a 3pt guarantee just to cover costs,bwd has very high pay demands which the Diamonds must of met,even if he's on £100 per point he would be struggling to cover costs.

That's why I don't understand why we don't just spend that large sum of money on one of the hard charging Dane's I've listed above, all of which are proven heatleaders and can ride Brough well(ish), better than Brad anyway... I think the most important thing would be to get James Wright back at reserve, as he was amazing there last year...

52 minutes ago, lewy said:

If bwd is on a guarantee then rob grant needs to purchase him a one way ticket back to NZ and save the club some money , 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I doubt your doubt 

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Did he actually beat any opponents in that 9pts, unless they strengthen the Team fast, they'll have more riders than supporters 

• Sad 1