British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

15.04.2022 - Scunthorpe v Leicester League

Fair play to the Scorpions. Good job good win. About time something went right sporting wise for the town.

I know Scunny are strong at home but that's some collapse by Leicester.

Yes fair play to Scunny, they were well up for it. Dickson will be fuming over the late capitulation and will no doubt kick some arses before the Pirates visit tomorrow. Thought that our heat leader strength would make us very competitive on our travels but this was a reality check.

Watched the stream through Scunny TV. Quality of the picture and camera angles were very good. The commentators? made Pearson and Tatum look world class. When heat 8 was stopped we heard ‘The red light is on and as Billy Ocean said, that spells danger!’ Peter Kay eat your heart out!

10 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Wee bit of fisticuffs in the pits?

What was it all about - seems like the Lions disappeared after it. Talk about not being up for a fight!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Yes fair play to Scunny, they were well up for it. Dickson will be fuming over the late capitulation and will no doubt kick some arses before the Pirates visit tomorrow. Thought that our heat leader strength would make us very competitive on our travels but this was a reality check.

Watched the stream through Scunny TV. Quality of the picture and camera angles were very good. The commentators? made Pearson and Tatum look world class. When heat 8 was stopped we heard ‘The red light is on and as Billy Ocean said, that spells danger!’ Peter Kay eat your heart out!

Not sure this sort of comment is approriate today of all days

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Allegedly.  Don't have a go at someone for something that's not public knowledge.

Probably the most surprising result of the season so far, that is until Berwick win at Edinburgh later on.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what has happened today that has caused offence?

1 minute ago, Teromaafan said:

A certain speedway commentator passed away today

1 minute ago, Teromaafan said:

There's a rumour, and until its annouced by an official that's all it is, that Nigel Pearson has passed away.

And from what I can tell its all stemmed from a twitter post. So personally, I am waiting till there's official words. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, screm said:

Probably the most surprising result of the season so far, that is until Berwick win at Edinburgh later on.

Or us at Glasgow

9 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

There's a rumour, and until its annouced by an official that's all it is, that Nigel Pearson has passed away.

And from what I can tell its all stemmed from a twitter post. So personally, I am waiting till there's official words. 

Confirmed on the Glasgow stream my old man tells me