British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Peterborough LC

29 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Any truth in the rumour that Heeps missed heat 8 as he was stuck in the queue for chips ???

His replacement won that heat as well,, maybe its a new Hawkins tactic,,,,, Cam,, go get some chips will ya 

• Like 1

Why would any team sign Batchelor & Heeps fgs. 

Funny though :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

We even poached TB from another team,, and probably offered well over the odds for the pleasure 

Great meeting by us Panthers, funniest thing that heard by some Ipswich fans, moaning that the end of season do is in November, when the season will be over in September!

55 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Batchelor just scored a full max not a point taken off him nite before,I would be looking at track advantage for home riders and where has it been in last few years? They can all ride and win with the right tools

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Pity they can't get some water for the track

And who's bright idea was it to get a red 2 min clock that stays on all heat? 

Told them about that last season - very distracting.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Batchelor just scored a full max not a point taken off him nite before,I would be looking at track advantage for home riders and where has it been in last few years? They can all ride and win with the right tools

vs Scunthorpe - so he only had to beat Douglas.

If they don't ride the track correctly, that's their own fault. Huge experience in the team and the promotion to suss out and advice on track conditions and set-ups  ... no excuses.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Against the mighty Scunthorpe who have the Panthers number 7 at 3 and the skipper not far off going through the card.

Despite many disagreeing the gulf between the leagues is huge 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Doyle meant that heat 15....

He certainly did and it was unnecessary and very aggressive, if Andersen had gone down Doyle would have most likely been excluded.

King and MPT had a great race in heat 11 when they were wheel to wheel for two laps but they gave each other room to race.

• Like 2

I think the witches could scrape into the play offs but it depends how poor the other sides will be, not how good the witches could become 

Starkey gets plaudits for scoring from reserve but he will struggle in the main body of the side, and that's the problem they have two riders who need to be at reserve stark and Heeps

Peterborough have 6 riders who will all score points in the main body 

31 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

He certainly did and it was unnecessary and very aggressive, if Andersen had gone down Doyle would have most likely been excluded.

King and MPT had a great race in heat 11 when they were wheel to wheel for two laps but they gave each other room to race.

Sounded like a trademark Doyle dive bomb , few years ago Hans would of been waiting for him to have a kind word in his ear 

Edited by scoobydoo

38 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Starkey gets plaudits for scoring from reserve but he will struggle in the main body of the side, and that's the problem they have two riders who need to be at reserve stark and Heeps

Said it many times since the team was announced, it had to be one or the other, not both. Especially with over 2 points left to play with. It was a baffling decision that hasn’t been explained. 

Louis also needs to stop listening to Hawkins and put together a team that HE wants, not what the manager “wants to work with”. If you’re gonna start listening to Hawkins then we’ll always have problems as let’s be brutally honest, he isn’t the sharpest tool in the box is he?

Edited by Arch Stanton

Your team manager is not up to the job, unfortunately. Time to hire Mr Rossiter

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Said it many times since the team was announced, it had to be one or the other, not both. Especially with over 2 points left to play with. It was a baffling decision that hasn’t been explained. 

Louis also needs to stop listening to Hawkins and put together a team that HE wants, not what the manager “wants to work with”. If you’re gonna start listening to Hawkins then we’ll always have problems as let’s be brutally honest, he isn’t the sharpest tool in the box is he?

Personally I think it should have been neither of them in the side but i said before the season started I'd give then 4 to 6 meetings and see where they are at.

You look at other teams and you see the crowds you get at Foxhall, they are quite consistent it baffles me if riders like Basso & Musielak are available to ride the UK why were they not on the shopping list

Why dont they do an individual meeting or a challenge to give riders track time before the season?

It just seems that despite a strong home attendance it's a low budget affair just to be amongst the numbers rather to mount a challenge

If that was true then drop down to the championship but then that would ruin the top flight and with chris being a director that's a conflict right there

I feel sorry for Chris really

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

that is absolutely correct.